Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Niagara's New Rides

Ruedi was one of the worst exploiters of the TFW program. Was happy to see him gone. He would put up adds for pilots requiring 500 hours then if you emailed him he would reply saying it was 1000.

Ec130 is a much better machine for tours and a bit quieter as well which should make all the locals happy.

• Like 3

Interesting to see that the "official" AHC press release says that besides sight seeing, the a/c will be used for external loads .Unfortunately with the redesign of the fuel system, you cannot install a hook on this a/c.It was probably designed for the tourist trade, i.e, Grand Canyon /Papillion, Blue Hawaii etc.

Interesting to see that the "official" AHC press release says that besides sight seeing, the a/c will be used for external loads .Unfortunately with the redesign of the fuel system, you cannot install a hook on this a/c.It was probably designed for the tourist trade, i.e, Grand Canyon /Papillion, Blue Hawaii etc.

?

Is this a new thing? I've seen 130s with hooks on them.

?

Is this a new thing? I've seen 130s with hooks on them.

Yes, hooks on the 130B4, on the 130T2,no.Not yet anyway.The new fuel bladder is housed in an metal "box" so to speak and is designed to come out of the box via the bottom on a hard landing.
  • Like 1

What are you talking about? Cargo swing or sling? Where is your information coming from? And yes, the fatstar was designed for tourism with big windows and fenestron. You can still put a hook on it so it can be used for whatever.

The new H130 (EC130T2) has a certified crashworthy fuel tank.

Current EC130B4 cargo hook installation could compromise that in the event of a hard (belly) landing.

A new cargo hook system is rumoured to be in development to address that issue.