Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Canadian Aviation Pioneer Passes

Worked with Al and he was a friend, mentor and gentleman!….. It was once said, that the pilot hours average at Remote Helicopters was over 10000 hrs. ….. Due to the incredible amount of the hours that the "senior" pilots had, yet they were always willing to share their "lessons learned" through their stories. Thanks Al !

It will be quite the get together when he joins Doug and Sandy upstairs.

My condolences to his family.

Jim Archibald

• Like 1

Sad, sad news.

I worked with Big Al too, from spraying in Guatemala to putting out fires in Canada. Spent his 70th birthday with him in Dryden drinking beer and enjoying his company along with some other fine fellows. I have a huge measure of respect and learned an awful lot from the big humble gentleman with the wealth of experience who was always willing to share his insight if you were wise enough to ask him.

Might have heard most of the firefighting in Spain stories more than once over a bottle of Crown Royal or two in the Remote crew house too , but they never got old .

Say hi to Sandy, Doug and Bim for me my old friend and save us a seat at the bar.

My sincere condolences to his family

Dave Luscombe

• Like 1