Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

On a completely different subject!

gwk

I know a lot of you are sitting around the proverbial pot belly stove, drinking a hot choccie,, reliving the last fire season, and hoping for another repeat, or bending wrenches in the cold dark hangar, trying to fix what was broke this last summer, so, to take your mind off on a completely different tangent, let's watch this one.

This was brought to my attention a couple of days ago, and it is on fire, Centrus Eneregy,  LEU.NYSE, is a small U.S. company that enriches uranium and has caught the attention of a few investors, no not investors, speculators, because this thing is going up like a bottle rocket, and if nothing else, should be a lot of fun to watch.

I am not, in any way promoting this thing, all i am saying is, during this shoulder season, if your bored, tune in to this rocket ride, and for F**cks sake, let's talk about any thing else but Covid! 

12 hours ago, gwk said:

I know a lot of you are sitting around the proverbial pot belly stove, drinking a hot choccie,, reliving the last fire season, and hoping for another repeat, or bending wrenches in the cold dark hangar, trying to fix what was broke this last summer, so, to take your mind off on a completely different tangent, let's watch this one.

This was brought to my attention a couple of days ago, and it is on fire, Centrus Eneregy,  LEU.NYSE, is a small U.S. company that enriches uranium and has caught the attention of a few investors, no not investors, speculators, because this thing is going up like a bottle rocket, and if nothing else, should be a lot of fun to watch.

I am not, in any way promoting this thing, all i am saying is, during this shoulder season, if your bored, tune in to this rocket ride, and for F**cks sake, let's talk about any thing else but Covid! 

A cold dark hangar wrenching on a couple of Jetboxes....reminds me of working in Churchill...30 below and no lights or heat...no life like it!!!!

Ok...here goes...The one in Churchill first. I got sent up to Churchill to do a couple of 100 hr inspections on a couple of 206's. I was told before I left Winnipeg that a hangar had been had to do the work...I get up there...no heat..no light....well better than the last time I was there changing a freewheel on the ramp in a 30 knot snowstorm....so I start working on the first ship...tail rotor blades are so black you can't tell they had any white paint on them...I get a car heater going on the blade so I can clean off the crap and I can see damage to the leading edge of the blade about 1 inch in from the tip...someone...I won't give names had put pro seal in a hole on the leading edge of the tailrotor blade...this is not what I wanted to see starting on this ####!

So....I make a call to the hangar and give them the good news...I need a new blade or a complete t/r assembly....your choice mister chief engineer ....the sh%t is starting to flow...Mr base manager in Churchill is pissed....he needs this machine tomorrow for 8 hrs of flying...I said...well you have been flying this ship with this damaged blade for over 200 hrs...I am not going to ground it...AS far as I am concerded I didn't see sh*t...he flips out...I said well park it...I said I wouldn't fly it!!! He gets on the blower to my boss!!!