Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

How to ask for career advancements?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 11:38 AM, Winnie said:

Just to clarify, not aimed at OP, just saying.

If you want something, most times you have to ask for it, and if you feel like you're being snowed, perhaps look at other options.

You always have to ask for it, unless there’s an adjustment guaranteed in your contract nothing will change.  The only reason an employer advances employees (monetarily or otherwise) unsolicited, is because they are desperate to keep you. 

• Like 2

On 3/10/2024 at 11:24 PM, FiveCut said:

It has up until the last few years, now there’s no one left 😂 

Lots of the same faces from two decades ago  that said they “WerE ReTiRiNg sOoN" I saw in the field last summer.   They are still around 😬

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, CM119 said:

Lots of the same faces from two decades ago  that said they “WerE ReTiRiNg sOoN" I saw in the field last summer.   They are still around 😬

The thing about aviation...... it is not a career....... it is a disease. 

So when you see us old guys out there saying we are going to retire soon...... don't believe us until we are listed on the remembrance wall.

Sad..... but true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

26 minutes ago, Pool pilot said:

The thing about aviation...... it is not a career....... it is a disease. 

So when you see us old guys out there saying we are going to retire soon...... don't believe us until we are listed on the remembrance wall.

Sad..... but true.

For some it is, not all.  There is a time to hang it up for everything in life, working untill you’re dead shouldn’t be something anyone does.  I get the aviation disease is real, I’ve seen it first hand and know it exists.  
I think flying privately at a leisurely pace is a better end than slinging and wrenching in the flys in your 70’s and yes, even your 80’s.  That doesn’t happen much elsewhere in the world, just Canada 🥺.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4