Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What happened to the BC air ambulance post?

On 3/18/2024 at 6:52 PM, InsertCoffee said:

No allegations of bribery from that company...right?

Lots of allegations, but nothing stuck to anyone if memory serves.  Lots of blacked out redacted documents and zero cooperation from the parties involved.  Plenty of adverse inference, but it fizzled out after key members were removed.  Stunk to high heaven

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CM119 said:

Lots of allegations, but nothing stuck to anyone if memory serves.  Lots of blacked out redacted documents and zero cooperation from the parties involved.  Plenty of adverse inference, but it fizzled out after key members were removed.  Stunk to high heaven

The CEO of Augusta's parent company went to jail...

• Like 3

On 3/20/2024 at 8:13 PM, InsertCoffee said:

The CEO of Augusta's parent company went to jail...

He only did three months and was acquitted afterwards.  That was regarding the India deal as far as I know.  

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 7:52 AM, CM119 said:

He only did three months and was acquitted afterwards.  That was regarding the India deal as far as I know.  

Oh cool. I guess that means there was no bribery at all.

Guess I'd better watch out, I might get slapped with a libel lawsuit for implying that Agusta had ever bribed anyone...

45 minutes ago, InsertCoffee said:

Oh cool. I guess that means there was no bribery at all.

Guess I'd better watch out, I might get slapped with a libel lawsuit for implying that Agusta had ever bribed anyone...

Lots of allegations but there was never any convictions from what I’ve read.  The optics were and still aren’t good.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Remember back in the day the Air Canada thing with Airbus and Boeing?  The official findings were that there were never any payoffs...   In my fairy tale world there are no bad bosses, no corruption and no bribes payed for preferential treatment.

• Like 3

On 3/25/2024 at 10:03 PM, Whitestone said:

Remember back in the day the Air Canada thing with Airbus and Boeing?  The official findings were that there were never any payoffs...   In my fairy tale world there are no bad bosses, no corruption and no bribes payed for preferential treatment.

In a perfect world that would be splendid, however we live in reality.  My guess is these 169’s were known about for some time but clearly the 145 was originally the first pick.  There’s more to the story behind the scenes I’m sure,  misunderstanding and unforeseen circumstances usually cause scenarios like this.  I don’t think there’s anything fishy going on, it’ll sort out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/27/2024 at 2:24 PM, CM119 said:

In a perfect world that would be splendid, however we live in reality.  My guess is these 169’s were known about for some time but clearly the 145 was originally the first pick.  There’s more to the story behind the scenes I’m sure,  misunderstanding and unforeseen circumstances usually cause scenarios like this.  I don’t think there’s anything fishy going on, it’ll sort out.

Doesn't really explain why the 169 was the preferred option.

Doesn't explain why Ascent was told the 169 was preferred. Although it does explain why the RFP was so delayed, to give the winning company time to make a new bid.

Either way, I wish I could be this optimistic that there's no waste of taxpayer dollars to prefer one company or aircraft.

Note: All of these above statements are completely imaginary and satire. Please don't sue me for libel.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 12:33 PM, InsertCoffee said:

Note: All of these above statements are completely imaginary and satire. Please don't sue me for libel

Better yet, you can personally run the forums under your very own set of community guidelines!  

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.