Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What happened to the BC air ambulance post?

7 hours ago, MYTHMANGLER said:

IP addresses can only be tracked to a general location. If the person is smart they would also use virtual private networks. Ascent would also need to take proper legal steps to get the Vertical adminstrators to release any of that Information. Hopefully their safety reports turn out to be legit.

If they were even smarter, they would NOT use a venue like this to slag companies, individuals, etc.... I mean, come on... are you a professional or not... 😒

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, twinstar_ca said:

If they were even smarter, they would NOT use a venue like this to slag companies, individuals, etc.... I mean, come on... are you a professional or not... 😒

It’s definitely not the place, those types of accusations/disputes should be handled between parties personally (in or outside of litigation).  Public forums should be used in constructive informative discussion for which they are intended.  

Well that's a shame, it was a good avenue to discuss one of the biggest changes to Canadian rotary wing aviation in years. Did this really happen because we hurt someone's feelings?

Also, who doesn't use a VPN and a burner email address? 🤨

2 hours ago, twinstar_ca said:

I didn't actually mean to quote this but it got stuck and I gave up trying to delete it.

2 minutes ago, InsertCoffee said:

Did this really happen because we hurt someone's feelings

I could be wrong, as I am not affiliated with vertical or a moderator, but the last few posts from a new member were some pretty serious allegations.  
The people accountable to this forum as well as the owners of vertical itself probably have a threshold for what is an acceptable post.  Making unfounded serious allegations probably crosses several lines.
I think any forum would have deleted those comments at the very minimum.   I don’t think they’d delete a new thread on the bc medevac topic if it wasn’t abused, but maybe the topic is now off limits?    

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, CM119 said:

I could be wrong, as I am not affiliated with vertical or a moderator, but the last few posts from a new member were some pretty serious allegations.  
The people accountable to this forum as well as the owners of vertical itself probably have a threshold for what is an acceptable post.  Making unfounded serious allegations probably crosses several lines.
I think any forum would have deleted those comments at the very minimum.   I don’t think they’d delete a new thread on the bc medevac topic if it wasn’t abused, but maybe the topic is now off limits?    

A case certainly could have been made to censor those posts, however deleting the whole thing seems like overkill.

Posts talking about how the COVID vaccine caused a crash get left up though.

4 minutes ago, Razorback said:

A vpn doesn’t make you completely anonymous.  Device fingerprinting and cookies are another way to be tracked.

True, but much more difficult.

Probably also helps that BC has anti-SLAPP legislation. Although the discovery phrase of any lawsuit sure would be fun...

3 minutes ago, InsertCoffee said:

True, but much more difficult.

Probably also helps that BC has anti-SLAPP legislation. Although the discovery phrase of any lawsuit sure would be fun...

Nothing about a lawsuit is fun (for either side). Anyone that takes pleasure in them is a psychopath by the very definition.  Discovery is exactly where the types of allegations that were posted should be if it got to that point, not unvetted on a public forum.