Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What happened to the BC air ambulance post?

46 minutes ago, CM119 said:

Nothing about a lawsuit is fun (for either side). Anyone that takes pleasure in them is a psychopath by the very definition.  Discovery is exactly where the types of allegations that were posted should be if it got to that point, not unvetted on a public forum.

Man, you must hate lawyers!

And I'm not exactly unhappy to see the Airbus lawsuit, I have zero faith in the RFP process and sunlight is a fantastic disinfectant.

11 minutes ago, InsertCoffee said:

Man, you must hate lawyers!

And I'm not exactly unhappy to see the Airbus lawsuit, I have zero faith in the RFP process and sunlight is a fantastic disinfectant.

No, they have their purpose and why we have them readily available to the company.  What I dislike is any form of litigation, as do 99.9% of businesses.  Anyone who has had to be involved in a civil suit knows how draining and wasteful it can be (for all parties involved).  Having lawyers navigate to avoid litigation is our, and most responsible/ethical companies main goal, not to commence it.  

As for the Airbus deal who knows what happened, someone did post a link specifying the dispute, I didn’t bother reading it.  That can be very messy especially with the deep pocket’s of a large corporation like Airbus being the plaintiff.  No one knows what the whole deal is except the parties directly involved, and it should stay that way.

• Thanks 2

For the record, the decision on this topic was made higher up the chain than myself. All i know is that VertA (admin) made that call. As for the Covid stuff, i moved it to just conversation so those that want to discuss their theories can do so with like minded folk. Hope that answers some of the confusion/questions.

• Like 7

So "just conversation" could be a place where your allowed to talk about things that admin won't mind? Options about operators? 

Posts that cross the line should be removed for sure, but admin clearly has control to delete entire threads or posts, and has throughout the topic of the BC ambulance, I'm not sure where the line is.

7 minutes ago, Tundra said:

I'm not sure where the line is.

My guess would be anything that could be libellous/detrimental to a person or company.  I don’t know the posts that were being picked off in the last thread but I bet that’s probably one of the criterion they matched for a delete.  As was previously mentioned, higher powers are moderating the subject, you can guess why.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CM119 said:

As for the Airbus deal who knows what happened, someone did post a link specifying the dispute, I didn’t bother reading it.  That can be very messy especially with the deep pocket’s of a large corporation like Airbus being the plaintiff.  No one knows what the whole deal is except the parties directly involved, and it should stay that way.

I can't say I agree with this, the government of British Columbia is spending half a billion dollars and the taxpayers have a right to know the details of this contract and they definitely deserve to know that this contract was fairly awarded without any shady side deals going on.

https://www.burnabynow.com/bc-news/helicopter-giant-contests-bc-government-air-ambulance-contract-award-8361244

It's an interesting read and it's certainly not libelous to post a link to a news story.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, InsertCoffee said:

It's an interesting read and it's certainly not libelous to post a link to a news story.

I don’t think so, that would be on the news outlets shoulders.  Don’t know about the shady part, I’ll give it a read when I have a chance, thanks.