Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Logging Hour In A Heli Not Endorsed On...

Ryan

I believe TC has an opinion on this subject..The only reason I say that is our TC inspector went to great lengths explaining that all the 214 co-pilots that were not endorsed on type, could not log any of the time..co-pilot or dual..no endorsement - no log book entry. I don't know if this was his opinion or a TC rule. I don't mean to rain on your log book I'm just passing on what I witnessed, its still a very valuable experience no matter what.

I believe TC has an opinion on this subject..The only reason I say that is our TC inspector went to great lengths explaining that all the 214 co-pilots that were not endorsed on type, could not log any of the time..co-pilot or dual..no endorsement - no log book entry. I don't know if this was his opinion or a TC rule. I don't mean to rain on your log book I'm just passing on what I witnessed, its still a very valuable experience no matter what.

The 61 is a two crew machine so you are essential to the flight. Log every minute. As for the heli-logging 214, if you are essential to the operation, other than crunching numbers on a calculator, it should be loggable time. Many folks have gone to Helijet with "enough multi time" logged on the 214. Times do change as do TC inspectors with differing opinions.

RH

from Here and the IFR Thread....

Ya know Ryan, just keep track and log that 61 time in another column of your log book and gain the experience that it brings. No one is going to care if you have it, probably won't get you a job anywhere, but you will still have something a lot of guys don't, me included, even after 28 years.... :(

Great opportunity, count your blessings and enjoy!! :up: :up: :up: