Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Latest Fire Fighting Technology At Work

Recently I had the opportunity to witness a demonstration of the coolest peice of fire fighting artillery. This was a demonstration held by the builder of the canon for customers from overseas. It was perfect conditions and was quite a sight to see. Very Cool shootin' / flyin demo i'd have to say. :up:

post-1188-1146004121_thumb.jpg

post-1188-1146004234_thumb.jpg

post-1188-1146004421_thumb.jpg

post-1188-1146004577_thumb.jpg

Looks real good, eh? Some nice flyin' too!

Gonna have to get some of those pics off ya man, did you give any to Eric? If not Ill be glad to run em out for ya (Im a Penticton local).

Where was the demo done?, I know that he invented that gadget, but wasnt aware that he was produceing them.

Cole B)

Aw sheeeech... Let me drink 12 beers in one hour,hold for one hour and I can do better than that.. :shock: :up: :up: **** I can even write my name in the snow!!

Fly Safe all Mini.........

Ya I just made a few discs of the pics and gonna mail a copy to Eric as well. I tried to get a shot of Kokanee helis ec120 that was flyin in the area too doing some hydro work, but they didnt turn out that clear. The area this took place was the North Okanagan Fire Training Center near Vernon right beside the hydro sub-station so theres powerlines everywhere. I'd be glad to share some pix just let me know.

post-1188-1146009886_thumb.jpg

post-1188-1146010016_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure on the amount of water it holds but this one shoots only 18 litres of water per shot. It has an onboard compressor so it only takes 7 seconds to recharge Must have done 10-12 shots from different distances, with water left over. This was filled on a slight slope so it was approx 3/4 full they guessed. There is a larger model that shoots 25 litres per shot, and slightly better range. As far as fire fighting goes, it works on the premise of lowering the temp. below a combustible point to enable crews to perform a rapid attack on the source, from what I gathered.I dont want to give a whole lotta details as I was mearly a fly on the wall, with a camera.So the specifics are not known. They say there are versions of this type in Europe. I thought I read something on LAFD and ericson??? i think having something like this also.

Not 100% about LAFD but ericson has the same sorta deal on a few Cranes.

I remember someone saying it was meant for urban, and could obviously be used on fire. One question that came to mind would be- How would this work with higher buildings, what kind of AC can hover OGE sevral hundred feet up with a full tank?

Cole B)

BTW, AFFF means?

PS, how much for a copy of the disc?