Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Gloves

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
In case you are looking, I finished a web site recently that carries some military ones.

http://www.lifesupportintl.com/shop/categories.asp?cID=486

What the hells the point with wearing gloves while flying. I think it's silly. I mean really, what do this gloves do for you while your flying? Plain silliness if you ask me. Okay so your not asking, but I think it's silly anyway to wear gloves while flying.

What the hells the point with wearing gloves while flying. I think it's silly. I mean really, what do this gloves do for you while your flying? Plain silliness if you ask me. Okay so your not asking, but I think it's silly anyway to wear gloves while flying.

<_< Uh, perhaps it helps, when it is +40C in the cockpit and you are sweating like a dog, when you have to cycle the grapple switch with your sweaty fingers a few hundred times in a cycle......oh not to forget, when we do log in the minus temperatures, the cold (freezing) air movement, that is generated by the cutout in the logging window at higher speeds can freeze the finger tips. :cold:

Hey, dee-eye....have you ever shake blocked on the west coast in the dead of winter with the door off ??? <_<

Naa, I wouldn't think so...... :huh:

I agree 100% with H56, when you are sitting in the cockpit doing prestart and you have sweat dripping off the end of your nose chances are you'll want something to keep positive control on the sticks. In winter it can get cold on the collective hand. I prefer surplus military nomex/leather. Good and tight so you can keep fingertip sensitivity.

I usually have three sets of gloves in the field. Flying, fuelling, and "holy sh*t its cold" gauntlets

<_< Uh, perhaps it helps, when it is +40C in the cockpit and you are sweating like a dog, when you have to cycle the grapple switch with your sweaty fingers a few hundred times in a cycle......oh not to forget, when we do log in the minus temperatures, the cold (freezing) air movement, that is generated by the cutout in the logging window at higher speeds can freeze the finger tips. :cold:

Hey, dee-eye....have you ever shake blocked on the west coast in the dead of winter with the door off ??? <_<

Naa, I wouldn't think so...... :huh:

Hey H56

Me thinks dee-eye drives a Robbie in Florida (if that) I'm just a lowly wrench, but I couldn't believe what you guys go through Heli-logging. You earn every effing nickle!!!