Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

National Helicopters And Canadain Heli? (toronto)

Stephen1547

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If you can fly an R-22, you can fly anything."

I'd like to see a robbie pilot try to fly a Hiller 12E :)

Phil

Ok Phil, there may be a couple exceptions.

So where are you hanging your hat these days?

Vast

Gentlemen: I can not emphasize to much!! Concentrate on "Mountain Time" Believe me, It will serve you well in the future! But, that's just random thoughts from an old Engineer. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I put serious consideration into that, but considering how much of a financial barricade it would be, it's not worth the maybe 10 hours of actual mountain time I would get. I'm better off taking a mountain course down the road, or picking up some mountain hours with a future employer. Ideally I would do my training at the base of the Rocky Mountains, but I have to be realistic with my goals.

I do appreciate your input though. The more information and viewpoints I get, the better off I will be.

There is a excellent chance you will be flying a R44 or maybe even a R22 and it won't be in the Mtns. Slim to none that you will fly a 300 ever again after school. Might as well make it easy on your self and get familiar with the robbies. The Mtns? I love mtns and that is where I want to fly. However, you got to put your time in and learn to fly before you go there.....and I am not talking 100 hrs. Fly turbines, longline, working experience ect all add up to your prepardness to fly mtns. Your first job will more than likey be far away from mtns. I would worry about getting as many hours as possible so you can get your first job, cause that mtn training won't help you if you don't have a job. Lots of work in Alberta for low timers, good to start making conections out west. I have seend alot of people taining in the east passing through the west looking for work. Calgary is 4000' ASL, learn to fly a robbie at that alltitude is good training, not hard if that is all you know.....goodluck

Do not over look the west....there are many excellent schools out here also. You should consider, that you would be exposed to the mountains during your ab initio training, a good foundation to build on.

Vast - I'm driving a 212 out in Dubai with Aerogulf... we both miss the Timmy's! I must say I miss the fires!

Phil

Phil, Got a coffee maker? Want me to send you some packets? Send me a pm. I know what it's like to miss Timmy's

And yes, it's hard to burn sand.

Murdoch