Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bell 206 & Md 500 Training

Norm

How much is that operators course from SAIT? Airborne is always looking for pilot/operators, and from what I've been told they fly some pretty good hours.

Thats all third hand though, maybe someone on here can give first hand info on it.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would perhaps go somewhere you might like to work, in about 2 months, or in eastern canada, and ask if you can do some training with them no strings attatched, work your a$ off in training and they might just give you a shot.

You would have to pick the right company, and dont bs them telling them you're not looking for a job, just let them know if they like your work ethic you would really like the oppertunity and if theyre not hiring thats not a huge problem.

Sound like a good idea to anyone else?

Mabey if you must try a company in BC, try TRK, they do training and have hired lt guys in the past.

Cole

Hey Cole

If you don't stop sending these guys east they are going to be tripping over each other!!!

Love it!

WW

Hey why not? We all know thats where all the jobs are anyways! Far, FAR east... they like comitment though so spend all your money on a one way ticket.

For more leads and advice, see my thread on 'tips for lowtime pilots'.

Cole

so with all these tips and advice, how many decades have you been in the industry? ;)

Note the "Tips for Lowtime pilots" thread is in the "Lighter Side" Section, it was a chain mail that was passed around between a few of my friends (from 200- 17,000 hour pilots) to 'help' me get my first job. It's just a joke.

Back on topic though, why dont you tell Norm where you got your 206 and 500 ratings? You seem to have the experience that hes looking for and advice that might actually help him get a job... hopefully somewhere out east. ;)

Cole B)

Back on topic though, why dont you tell Norm where you got your 206 and 500 ratings? You seem to have the experience that hes looking for and advice that might actually help him get a job... hopefully somewhere out east. ;)

Cole B)

Post 8 of this thread.

there are jobs out east, but it would take a gun to my head to get me back to Ontario ;)

• 3 weeks later...
If I do my 500 in Oregon would it be valid in Canada?

Sunsethelicopters in Aurora, OR dose 500 training to and its not a bad price USD 7200 for 10 hours.

Should I do this?

That's 720/ hour. What kind of training do you get for that ? Will they cover emergencies (engine failures, stuck pedals, gov failure, etc) ? I don't want to bash US training, but they put much less emphasis on emergencies that we do here. I'm not speaking through my hat here. I've got my FAA ticket and did my Astar endoesement in the US. My instructor refused to do stuck pedals with me. Said insurance wouldn't allow it... :down: Stuck pedals aren't even covered in the FAA check ride anymore... :shock:

Call Prism or Mustang and find out how much they would charge you for the endorsement, and make sure you at least do part of it with the chief pilot...