Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Advice On Gallet Lh250 Helmet

love my 250 and wouldnt think of not having the yellow visor , i use it all the time dusk and dawn , foggy/cloudy/snowy days... awsome .Another advice is order your helmet without the extra liner inside !!extra bulk and weight for nothing not to mention its too hot in the summer ,plus youll probably downsize on the outer shell and gain some precious volume for longlining.......very comfortable and custumisable with the array of galet pads that come with the lid.awsome service at merrit apparels

I learned my lesson my first winter working. I got into a situation where my helmet was so frozen I couldn't put it on. The gel earseals had frozen solid.

When it's really fricken cold, my helmet stays warm with me. Either in the hangar, in the shack or in the sleeping bag with me if I'm waiting outdoors for my customers...

I do get the occasional weird look... :blink:

• 12 years later...

Just received my LH250 .. XXL (61cm) fit using the largest of buckets.  Question .. I want to adjust the front back sizing .. lots of pressure on my forehead.  That being said, with other helmets from experience .. I know its important to let it break in for a bit if you can before you start adjusting.  Thoughts?

Steve

IMG_4377.jpeg

2 hours ago, thatSTEVE said:

Just received my LH250 .. XXL (61cm) fit using the largest of buckets.  Question .. I want to adjust the front back sizing .. lots of pressure on my forehead.  That being said, with other helmets from experience .. I know its important to let it break in for a bit if you can before you start adjusting.  Thoughts?

Steve

IMG_4377.jpeg

When you got the helmet did they give you spare padding for the inside? You should have I think 3 different sizes for each inner pad.