Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Lost Aquaintances....

Guest Bullet Remington

RDM:

my son, my son!! ye got to get yer buns away from all dat snow, bye. Shore lots a places to get good salt beef, out here. Ya kin git it at the Superstore, in YYC. And ifn ya likes to have somebody else do the cookin, ya can head over to Mudder''s restaurant, on the Sout sid of the hareport, and scarf down a pretty good scoff, including fries and dressing, with the mandatory gravy, low fat of course!

And, if ya gets a little impatient waitinf fer ya scoff, just dodge through the next door to Faudder''s and have a couple of giggly pops while yer waiting!

Jasas, bye, dat snow must be getting to ya! You having a hard time seeing over the banks, er wha!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys

Being a lowtimer that works for Forest whenever any ground work comes up I thought I would fill you in on Barts operation..Forest Helicopters. Originally started out with the one 206 that was bought when Midwest broke up. Not long after they put on another 206 because they just couldn''t keep up with all the work. About a year ago or so they bought a D model Astar and it was recently converted to a Super D...now that thing has no problems with 1500 lbs on the hook...especially nice when moving drills. As for employees we have Norm Jones (part owner of Midwest), Garret Mac (from Midwest) and have another guy on the way. Oh and we have Doug McEvoy as our engineer. And then there is me always bugging the "pot licker" for some more work as I am trying to break into the industry. Anyone have any suggestions of where I might be able to land something?? If so drop me a line!

Bullet, sorry mate...thought once ya got off the ferry in Sydney that was it for the healthy newfoundlabd eatin, even had a hard time gettin good salt meat when I lived in PEI....

with regards to the snow, I hope the comment about seeing ''over" the snowbanks  was referring to our new record for snow accumuluation and not a poke at my "tallness"

412, Don, Dennis, Dino, Dunno....knew what ya meant just being a smartbum (we need a over 18 forum) 

Puddle, sounds like ya might have your foot jammed in the right door now........

Hey CTD........I  the like the Mr. RDM thing, keep that up young man and we may permit you to hang around with us again next time you visit this fine city of ours.

Were your ears burning yesterday, we beat the crap out of you verbally........ya know the old saying, if your not in the room your character is open to a full assualt, but only from your dearest friends.

RDM CTD

Thanks for the reply, I do understand the value of staying put however I get a little frustrated sitting bye the phone waiting for it to ring. Another issue is flight time as the way the policy is now written I can''t get close to the controls...and this is the real issue as I want to be a pilot rather than a ground junky forever. The old log book has gotten little use in the past years. I do like the position I am in I just would like some time. I have went on many a trips banging on doors....with many goodlucks but no real takers. One thing is for certain I will not give up on this...no way in ****!

Another question off topic is how the **** does a lowtimer get through the doors at custom....I have tried every angle but can''t seem to get past that secretary. My next idea is to make a less than honest resume to get past her....maybe about 5000 hours will do!

Puddles........(sounds like a little puppy)

Now your figuring it out my man.........ya tried everything else and it did not work so now lie through your teeth

works everytime.......heck look at half the crew on here,

Guest Bullet Remington

RDM:

Comon. now. Surely I would never jest about a driver with a low C of G! Or as we say in the Plank world, "Vertically Challenged"

I was, of course refering to the copious amounts of snow in that region!!

Pay Hay Eye, always found it hard to get a half decent scoff there. Except for the Spuds, they were good!

Now out here in the flat land, its a different story. Purity bicuits and candies, syrup, salt beef and even the salt spare ribs! Livin good and getting larger.

Starting to migrate into the dickie doo stage!

Almost like a full time driver, flat, fat and happy!!