Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hac News

quote]The Board of Directors of the Helicopter Association of Canada has serious concerns as to Mr. Brian Jenner’s ability to adequately represent the Association.

As such, in executing its responsibility to the members, the Board has terminated Mr. Jenner’s employment as President & CEO of the Helicopter Association of Canada effective immediately.

The Board will move decisively to ensure that the members’ interests are represented going forward.

Randy Simonneau

Chairman

Helicopter Association of Canada

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From speaking to some owners recently, the moose hunting conviction was the last straw. Many didn't appreciate the fact he recently negociated a long-term contract for his services with HAC, knowing full-well the charges pending against him...

Thanks Helilog, I'm hoping its not just that incident that led to Brian's dismissal, maybe the timing makes it look that way. However we must admit that this incident may have been used as prime opportunity to jump start whatever annoyed those that had certain issues with the man. Funny, I did get some calls after my post to my surprise, heck, I would have felt no different had it been any Tom **** or Harry ... maybe I'm a softy but still I feel that this particular incident deserved some disciplinary action but it was no reason for an outright dismissal. I believe that most if not all of us have crossed lines before and I am quite certain that none got so severely punished if punished at all. There are far worse people in this world of ours that have done despicable and unimaginable things and have gone unpunished or a got mere tap on the wrist. Having said that, I still feel that it may have been a back door way to "clean house" something I personally am not a fan of (back door ways that is). Surely there were opportunities to do so prior. Then again admittingly, what do I know really, I'm just sharing my thoughts from my own "outside" perspective ...

Biggles,

I agree with your statement "There are far worse people in this world of ours that have done despicable and unimaginable things and have gone unpunished or a got mere tap on the wrist" but there are also cases of people losing their jobs for a lot less.

It all depends on how well you're liked by the decision makers.

Precisely Dewey, my point is that personal issues/views should not be the sole decisive factor and waiting for that opportune excuse to flex a muscle or two or to correct a situation, to me anyways, appears pusillanimous. Then again, not being on the inside or in the know leaves us with our own thoughts which could be either totally off or on. At face value, I am simply thinking/saying that it doesn't seem quite right.

Precisely Dewey, my point is that personal issues/views should not be the sole decisive factor and waiting for that opportune excuse to flex a muscle or two or to correct a situation, to me anyways, appears pusillanimous. Then again, not being on the inside or in the know leaves us with our own thoughts which could be either totally off or on. At face value, I am simply thinking/saying that it doesn't seem quite right.

Let's get real guys. He flagrantly broke a law that he was well aware of and brought the whole HAC into disrepute. To not have fired him would have been to say that his behaviour was approved of, or at least winked at. I'm amazed that it took so long to get rid of him. He should have no complaints of his treatment.

We all make mistakes and it becomes difficult to be judge and jury. That was done by the courts. However this is far bigger than an isolated mistake in that the position must be able to garner respect from a very wide range of agencies and sponsors in representing us, the industry. In my view the board had no choice from day one. There remains a lot of damage control work to be done.