Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Old Bell Mediums

Old single hydraulic FHC (Frontier) had 32,000 hrs on it whent they lost it if I recall properly. That was the oldest 205 they had.

..... and the best workhorse too. But then so was FHA, FHB, FHD and the rest of the alphabet. Ahhh the good old days at front and rear!!

Then again there are some 214's with 20k plus out there and no sign of slowing down!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...not to insult anyone, but I'll take the young piece of equipment anyday over some of those old beeyatches you boys are reminiscing about.

Great picture of MQN slinging the trailer. I don't think my great grand daddy should have been doing that without at least a 100' line...

Very interesting thread guys. Nice to see some pictures of my old friends. The comments about the quality of maintenance a machine receives are only too accurate. The one point I would like to add for the young guys that think a nice new shiney machine is the safest, think about who looked at it last. If there is just a history of "factory workers" that have been assembling it and it hasn't had its first 1000 hour, it might be a good idea to pucker up and watch things real close.

This is my first post so I hope it goes through properly

Good comment XDM, I've seen a/c that had 10 years of operation opened up and stripped for repaint and lo and behold bondo everywhere that the factory guys had damaged it.

ps nice to see a correct AME license number prior to the non-thing for anyone since 1974.

For those that don't know, TC issued all it's licenses with the 2 letters of the airport first then the category XD Edmonton office, M= AME

Good comment XDM, I've seen a/c that had 10 years of operation opened up and stripped for repaint and lo and behold bondo everywhere that the factory guys had damaged it.

ps nice to see a correct AME license number prior to the non-thing for anyone since 1974.

For those that don't know, TC issued all it's licenses with the 2 letters of the airport first then the category XD Edmonton office, M= AME

splitpin=VRM677