A Bit Of Info For Allison Maintainers

lamanated

something like the tq snag, i had this one on a L3, when you turn hydraulics on the tranny temp goes up and stays there, when you turn hyd off the tranny goes to normal temp, musta been a wire, a/c actually went away so i never ended up getting a chance to figure it out...

They probably share the same ground. Clean it and the problem should go away. (If you see the aircraft again). <_<

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty friggin funny, Taco.... I like that one....can I use it with my DOM? he might not get the humour right away, but after I hang up the phone and he thinks about it awhile, he might chuckle.

P.S. anybody got some good info on 205 fire detector snags? I have a new amp coming but can't find any wiring faults. This ship had a corroded deck pluc awhile back, so I looked at that bit first.

Fire light stays on after test.... and sometimes comes on when you turn the master switch on, and will stay on after resetting the C.B. other times it won't.

In the event the amp doesn't fix it...... ??

Also, the baggage compmt doesn't make light flash either.... just steady on in all 4 positions.

I hate changing parts because I ran out of ideas. However, a quick swap of an amp might have saved me a whole lot of grief and labour today and yesterday. I just didn't have one laying around to try

Thanks for your input guys.

( maybe I should already KNOW this as some would suggest :( just teasing AME206350)

I had the same snag 5 days ago. I believe my amp got wet and started sticking. It started working again after a while however i changed it out anyway and sent it back for testing and inspection. Currently im in the process of getting a username password from Hamilton Sundstrand so i can download the current manual on the amp which should help troubleshooting in the field a bit. If you wanted to get the doc yourself register and download Form F50077A.

I'm not sure if this will help you AF, but I have run into similar problems and the cure always was soak the living sh-t out of the plugs at the box on the aft left compartment with "genuine contact cleaner" Not brake cleaner. The system is working in Milli-Milli-Milli amps and will not tolerate the slightest bit of corrosion. Hope this helps Bud. As a matter of fact I would probably soak every plug even remotely associated with the system

I agree with the contact cleaner solution but be careful of the type of CC you use. You can clean with most of the common cleaners but to ensure it stays clean use a high quality contact cleaner/preservative.

The ultimate best is Cramolin. Comes in a very small bottle or spray can -the red coloured one is best. Use very sparingly and it will ensure the gold plating in any contact or switch wafer remains clear of oxidation. Can be purchased at professional electronics stores such as MRO etc. Not likely at Radio Crap.

Big key is USE SPARINGLY- don't soak the connector

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with the contact cleaner solution but be careful of the type of CC you use. You can clean with most of the common cleaners but to ensure it stays clean use a high quality contact cleaner/preservative.

The ultimate best is Cramolin. Comes in a very small bottle or spray can -the red coloured one is best. Use very sparingly and it will ensure the gold plating in any contact or switch wafer remains clear of oxidation. Can be purchased at professional electronics stores such as MRO etc. Not likely at Radio Crap.

Big key is USE SPARINGLY- don't soak the connector

The best sparky tool on the old 204's was a case of good contact cleaner. I bet it fixed 75% of electrical snags.

• 2 weeks later...

The best stuff (in my experience) for electrical contact problems is a product called Stabilant 22 contact enhancer, It comes in a small tube and costs way too much money, but has wiped out more electrical snags than I can count. Makes you look like a superehero.