Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Low Level River Run.....

Guest Angry Egg Driver

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Angry Egg Driver

The 2nd video is even better....Its hard to believe in this day and age that there are people that go out and make this stuff and actually post it on the net.We've all had some fun over the years but it sure as **** never made it to the internet....Eyes everywhere now.....hahaha.....

The 2nd video is even better....Its hard to believe in this day and age that there are people that go out and make this stuff and actually post it on the net.We've all had some fun over the years but it sure as **** never made it to the internet....Eyes everywhere now.....hahaha.....

Why do you put this crap on the web site. All you are doing is encouraging the idiots in our profession to do similar stunts, putting themselves, their passengers and someone elses helicopter at risk for a stupid adrenalin rush. Appalling,airmanship and decision-making here.

WOW, That has too be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. I thought as I watched this, that well, once in a while one may have risk the shaded region and then at the end you realize that he is solo and filming himself while running! Nice at least he will be the only idiot smeared on the rocks

Yup that is stupid at it's finest... However I am sure that you have all tried somthing like that once in your careers. I do very much enjoy the fact that as my career progresses, so does the alltitude! I really enjoyed that kind of flying when I was a firefighter in the back seat, if I only knew. It sure does feel uncomfortably wrong below 500' ....now that I am in the right seat. I was trying to see the registration of the machine on the dash and noticed that it's the same guy in both vids....it will catch up to him...hopfully he is alone when it does.

Guest Angry Egg Driver

So by me putting this on here it encourages them to do this?If anything maybe it would make people not want to do it as they will see what the reaction is by their peers....

You Guys (and gals if appropriate) need to get a life, if you want to fly around at 30,000 ft go get an airplane lic . This is EXACTLY what drew you to helicopters no matter what age you are or were when you made the fatal mistake of getting your LIC .

We have become such a judgmental society. The guy was having some fun. We know nothing of who was or wasnt on board,or if he did or did not do any preplanning of his little ride. The main thing is he came through the other end in one piece.

We all have or wanted to do a similar trip in our careers, like I said its why we fly helicopters. You can get hit by a car crossing the street on Robson does that mean you stay on the side walk. No you evaluate the crossing and go for it. And you can still be hit by the guy called Murphy.He follows us around from the minute we hit the start button, does this mean we dont go flying, NO it doesnt , we plan and do the best we can with the information we have, and guess what, "####" still happens whether it was the best planned for hire flight or a joy ride to let off some of our stress from life and the job. So Relax and enjoy life, and dont add more stress to the poor guy who found a way to dump some of his, find something really serious to ***** about....Like the implamantation of SMS or some other Transport thing that is been rammed down our throat...

if we crucify this guy then I would hope everyone of you guys takes your lumps for anything and everything you do wrong....including speeding, driving while intoxicated, improper lane changes etc....not one of you is a saint....you've all done something stupid at some point (and continue to do so) in your lives.