Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Anyone Training In Springbank Airport This Fall? Apartments?

Jordan

Well i have been apartment hunting like crazy, and i haven't had the best of luck. I seem to find that the one bedroom apartments and basement suite's are at about $1000 including everything, and that the two bedroom's are in the $1200 range on the west side of Calgary, and in Cochrane. So i'm thinking, if there is anyone else out there looking for a place to stay? Maybe it would be smart to get something and split the costs. I will be training at GSH myself, starting October 1st.

Jordan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest winterwanter

hey i'm going to Bighorn starting sep 15 for my cpl, i'll just be living in didsbury which will be an hour commute, if i get to sick of the drive i'll probably look for a place then but its only 4 months so I'll be able to stick it out... anyway good look with your course and maybe i'll see you around

hey i'm going to Bighorn starting sep 15 for my cpl, i'll just be living in didsbury which will be an hour commute, if i get to sick of the drive i'll probably look for a place then but its only 4 months so I'll be able to stick it out... anyway good look with your course and maybe i'll see you around

4 months that makes me laugh, good luck with that buddy,they told my brother that in one class then told me that as well in a different class, you can count on 6 months and the fall/winter course longer if weather doesnt help , they always tell you four months, prepare for 5 months min. and ya good luck driving from didsbury to springbank daily, ihope you have an electric car ,, do you not see the price of fuel , your uel bill will be the same as te course for your heli ticket.

Guest winterwanter
4 months that makes me laugh, good luck with that buddy,they told my brother that in one class then told me that as well in a different class, you can count on 6 months and the fall/winter course longer if weather doesnt help , they always tell you four months, prepare for 5 months min. and ya good luck driving from didsbury to springbank daily, ihope you have an electric car ,, do you not see the price of fuel , your uel bill will be the same as te course for your heli ticket.

ya i guess i'll see how it goes... now that i hear fuel is gonna go up to 1.75 its looking like not a bad idea to more around there. what school did you goto tbone

Show up on time, stay on schedule, study hard...done in 4 months, not a problem

Show up on time, stay on schedule, study hard...done in 4 months, not a problem

In a perfect world yes....I think the point was however, that weather can often prolong a training schedule in the winter. When talking about financial planning, I think it is always best to plan for the worst case scenario. If you plan for worst case scenario, you have a buffer...if you plan for the sunny best case, you only end up broke and hungry.

WW

If what I heard today from a few different people is true, Jordan, along with the other students he was to go to school with, won't be needing an apartment this year.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

If you are going to say you heard "something" from someone who heard "something" at least tell us what that "something" is. Then we can say we heard "something" from someone who heard "something" from someone who heard "something"!

:lol::lol::lol:

If you are going to say you heard "something" from someone who heard "something" at least tell us what that "something" is. Then we can say we heard "something" from someone who heard "something" from someone who heard "something"!

:lol::lol::lol:

otherwise, we've heard nothing about something which might not amount to anything but in the grand scheme of things might be something!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: