Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Vih Going To Angola

After landing in one of the most remote locations I have ever been, yesterday. I took some photos of an older man coming across the river to visit us in his dugout canoe.

So after a few minutes of trying to communicate with each other. where we think he was a fisherman and that he may have been telling us that the fishing sucked! I started to read his shirt, and noticed that it was from Manitoba!

It just doesn't matter how far out I go in this world, some body from Manitoba has already been there. :o

So we gave them a couple boxes of food, took some photos, said goodbye and carried on, off into the sunset.

HEY....WHAT'S IT SAY ON THE SHIRT???? MY FAVORITE ONE WENT MISSING!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bag swinnger
HEY....WHAT'S IT SAY ON THE SHIRT???? MY FAVORITE ONE WENT MISSING!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I coudn't post these before cause the internet in country was crap...good here in London though.

It will be interesting to see if there is any change in Angola with the MPLA retaining power.

If you are still in London check out the Prospect of Whitby, oldest pub on the Thames, built in the 1500s, good pub and the food in the restaurant was pretty good as far as the UK goes <_<

• 3 months later...

Great videos-showing the wealth of young, happy kids. Hopefully they will be allowed to grow up in the absence of the tragic events in other parts of Africa.

Makes watching "Shake Hands with the Devil" all the more depressing when you see what some of the warlords do to kids that were quite likely no different than those in these videos.