Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

As350 Cabin Floor Window

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at the window offered by Chinook Aviation. It is similar to the Eurocopter XL. Better than having those silly camlocks all around the window! <_<http://www.chinookaviation.com/window.htm

Our company is ordering a brand new B3 from Eurocopter. And since Eurocopter only deliveres the XL version of the floor window. I was hoping on some feedback on the differences..

Are they noticable, is it worth getting a new B3 and than put in either a DART or Chinook design?

Let's face it......looking down through a little window to do long-lining is not a great concept.

So anything you can do to make that window larger is a huge step forward.

In that case, Chinook is the obvious leader.

(Maybe you can have the floor panel sent to them for modification while the rest of the ship is still in the factory).

If your aircraft is coming from ECL, then you are better off having it installed by them. From what I saw there last week, their installation is very similar to the Chinook one. The major difference being that Chinook offers a secondary torque guage in the floor. This won't be helpful due to the VEMD on your B3 though. Sorry I can't help much with dimensions but just from seeing both, they are similar in size. Just my opinion, but the DART window isn't an option, unless they have changed the design recently.

As Helidom just said just get ECL to install their XL window. The only major difference is that the ECL design uses a little fabric flap to cover the interior window when not in use as oppose to a metal flapping door, and the Tq gauge thing. The picture of the white 350 is from chinook's website and the picture of the blue 350 is a ECL window on one of our newest B3's

http://www.chinookaviation.com/vw3.htm

453389814_97c13265a0.jpg

437929545_ae5fcd1222.jpg

The problem with the Chinook window and the ECL window is they are both to far down the belly, the Dart large window is higher up the side of the belly. We use the small Dart window and place it as high as we can on the belly panel. Yes we do have a aircraft with the Chinook window, also we move drills and bags with both windows.

The problem with the Chinook window and the ECL window is they are both to far down the belly, the Dart large window is higher up the side of the belly. We use the small Dart window and place it as high as we can on the belly panel. Yes we do have a aircraft with the Chinook window, also we move drills and bags with both windows.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'we place the window as high as we can on the belly panel'. This would entail a deviation from the STC and sounds a little sketchy. I'm no pilot though, but all the ones I wrench for prefer the the biggest window they can get. And that excludes the hokie Dart installation.

If you look at the photo of the Dart large window and compare it to the others you will see what I am talking about. The area you need to see out of is to the right hand side as the helicopter hovers right skid low. Many of these window have a lot of glass under the seat and not far up the right hand side, (you can not see past the seat) which is a waste of time.

If you look at the photo of the Dart large window and compare it to the others you will see what I am talking about. The area you need to see out of is to the right hand side as the helicopter hovers right skid low. Many of these window have a lot of glass under the seat and not far up the right hand side, (you can not see past the seat) which is a waste of time.

I think what helidom is saying is that you can only install the window where the STC installation instructions specify. (Technically you'd have no C of A in force) When you said "...place it as high as we can on the belly panel" it made it sounds like it was up to you to decide the window placement.

That being said; I haven't seen the install instructions in a long time maybe it's a free for all.... ;)