Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

As350 Cabin Floor Window

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sling those things are not new been around for years they never caught on here. Bubble windows affect your VNE and are expensive.The floor window works very well it seems most ASTAR pilots do just fine with out a bubble. It is a very long reach to see under the AC with the floor extending out board as far as it does.

Hey Sling those things are not new been around for years they never caught on here. Bubble windows affect your VNE and are expensive.The floor window works very well it seems most ASTAR pilots do just fine with out a bubble. It is a very long reach to see under the AC with the floor extending out board as far as it does.

Right..more understandable now...VNE doesn't seem to bother European pilot...short traveling time compare to Canadian OPS where we get long stripes Of traveling.

As for the vision, i got to say, with the collective extender and a ft line, right skid low...could be a nice asset.

Thanks Freddie.

Have used bubble on Astar on both left hand drive and right hand drive. A necessity on left hand drive unless you enjoy the great outdoors. A real nice asset on right hand drive for head room. The left hand drive was a eurocopter canada stc and had vne of 138 mph but have heard the bubble is not available anymore....:(

The right hand drive was years ago and do not think it was approved.... :(

Call DART and ask them if they sell them? and if not, why they dont?

Not to speak for DART....but there has to be a market before someone (like DART) goes out and develops and STC's a window. It's a bit of a process to make a bubble window. Then you have to structurally test and flight test it to get it approved etc etc...so you need more than just one guy to ask for it before someone will pursue an STC. I guess if someone like I dunno....CHC was going to do a fleet conversion however, that would be a different story.

The dart window is great, but so is the large Eurocopter window. I don't understand what the problem is???

Hello Mr. pilot, this is your helicopter, get used to it , or we can find another pilot who can. I know, it's tough, but just get it done!!

Small window, or a big one, just do the best you can! The smaller the window the slower you have to go. But if you look at the first bag runners, guys like Sandy and Parish, throw bags all day long with the "SMALL" window, we got it easy!

rob