Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Banff Or Whistler For Conference

Where To Hold The Conference  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bag swinnger

Yeah you can sign me up the on the whistler plan! even though I am closer to Banff whistler will always be helicopter heaven in my eyes.

4961 you are gonna have to get a bigger hot tub at that joint! :up:

Yeah you can sign me up the on the whistler plan! even though I am closer to Banff whistler will always be helicopter heaven in my eyes.

4961  you are gonna have to get a bigger hot tub at that joint! :up:

Any hot tub would be bigger.

DMNH - One thing I forgot to add is that we are going to include the morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea within the registration fee for the conference and will see what sort of room rates we can get which include breakfast.

It looks like its going to be a tough decision as to which location works best out of downtown Banff or Whistler.

Heli Ops

Ng Limited.... A reply to your questions.......

Vancouver is the closest (Major) airport and is 1.7 - 2.0 hrs from Whistler. A car can be convenient to be sure, but there is also a direct shuttle that goes from the Vancouver airport to Whistler, it leaves every 2 hours. The road upgrades on the Sea to Sky Highway (links Vancouver and Whistler) are a bit of a pain, but manageable. There is a good website that always has a current schedule of closures.

Once your here you don’t need a car at all. There are many conference faculties, a few thousand hotel rooms, about 15 bars and lounges, and somewhere around 30 restaurants literally within a three minute walk of anywhere in the village.

DMNH

hey, doesn't helijet still run to whistler? that would be your scheduled airline!! :up:

and i'd bet that for this conference they may score a deal if they could fill 12 participants that are flying in to YVR into a machine. so zero driving involved!

I spoke to a few people from Whistler and they said road closures on the Sea to Sky hwy are quite frequent and can sometimes last for some time. Is this a concern for people travelling to the conference, in my opinion I would say it is. The road from Calgary to Banff, from what I understand is a four lane highway all the way.

Also as 407Driver said the airport at Banff is still open so there would be no problem for people who wanted to fly into the event and would be great to have some of the manufacturers put their aircrarft on display for attendees to have a look at.

Another option I am looking at is the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel which is also a very nice property. Any comments from people on this one. This one was suggested by Mike at Vertical Mag.

Banff Springs Hotel

Looks like a nice place and is in the middle of Banff so not as far to get to as the one at Lake Louise.

Just out of curiosity how long would it take to fly from Vancouver to Banff in say a 206.

Thanks again.

Heli Ops