Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Banff Or Whistler For Conference

Where To Hold The Conference  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about topics like companies banding together in order to self insure. And in addition I would love to see the low time pilot being brought up to the table. It is evident now that we have a top heavy situation in Canada where we have a shortage of experienced drivers. I would love to see some sort of representation where low time Canadian pilots would be considered for more work besides bringing in experienced pilots from other countries. I know that there is more to this situation then what I expressed however it would be nice to at least bring ideas forth on this situation.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest graunch1

I'd vote for Lake Louise or Banf as they are both likely lower cost than Whistler and certainly better roads for acess. I would assume the Whistler road will be in a constant state of upgrading with the Olympics on the way. BTW, The Chateau is LL is really nice so even SWMBO would like it.

Second great point on LL ---very little shopping places for the significant other :P

:up: Thanks for considering Canada Ned

I'm sure you'll have a very informative chin wag session covering alot of topics

You might want to include subject matters that are pertinent to this part of the world , such as Skiing , Logging , seismic , etc .

A discussion on the proper extraction of injured people in some of the above uses of helicopters would be informative .

Just thinking out loud ..... EH

Fly Safe

If the conference was held in Banff, I'd bet we could get a few gents from the Parks Canada Mtn Rescue team to drop by and talk of their 35+ years of slinging people off the local hills.

Heck they may even stage a demo, fling Ned over the east side of Tunnel Mtn, then get a shiny red 407 to pick him off? the possibilities are endless?

There's a retired fellow there by the name of Jim Davies, who could captivate a group of pilots for hours with stories from his 17,000 + hours of safe flying around those hills too.

407Driver - That sounds like a great idea. How about asking them if they would like to give a presentation. These suggestions and ideas are great feedback. I am looking at approx two hours for each session, is this enough time for people to give their presentations.

Regards

Heli Ops

You though "fling Ned over the east side of Tunnel Mtn" was a good idea? Umm OK.

I'll ask the PC boys, but perhaps will wait until after we decide where the conference wil be located.

I'm Sure the North Shore SAR or Whistler SAR teams plus EMERGCO (George Z)would do the same presentation for us at Whistler.

Canadian Mountain Holidays (THE Heli-Ski empire ) is based in Banff, one may convince Walter or Rob to come over and say a few words too?

How 'bout topics in the lines of icing & white outs, tis will be the season to be talking about such subjects too. CTD could write something up about this, 407 could do a mini demo (now you see Ned, now you don't !!) A little humor about a serious subject that has caught all of our attention (sadly) at some point.

Heli-Ops, I've "pm'd" you.