Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Operations

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms states the following:

Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

-freedom of conscience and religion;

-freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;

-freedom of peaceful assembly;

-freedom of association.

Now if only the Canadian government controlled the internet. Welcome to an international community where one countries laws do not dictate rights for everyone online. Now for fun, lets guess where in the United States the server that this forum is hosted on resides!! :rolleyes:

Sisyphus

The helicopter Industry and aviation for the most part , or any business for that matter is divided into 2 distinct zones - The Owners and the employees.

When you have a person like yourself who is articulate and even a little smarter than the average guy, these types are ostracized, not cause they are smarter or better but because owners have a mortal fear of those that "go it alone and walk away with clients" It has happened in the past and will again in the future. Constructive dismissal is often used to prevent such occurrences.

I'll tell you if I was an owner that 1st thing I would not want is an independent thinker or somebody with aspirations of independence or creativity. It's far better to have somebody that shuts up and does the job and is happy with the 60K. The nature of the business states that what clients you have you must keep, as they are hard to come by to begin with.

So the trick is to keep your opinions to yourself and don't let on that you are having any independent thoughts.

Trying to fight city hall is a completely different matter, as are those rights of freedom of speech guaranteed under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Freedom of speech is a fine concept, enforcing it is another bowl of rice.

I hold firm on my belief that everybodies opinion is important, and we must learn to agree to disagree no matter what. Each to his own!

my two cents.

PS. today I registered a .org (DNS) and will contact HEPAC about taking over the reigns of this soon to be defunct association-(NOT UNION). I have some contacts and the funding that may be willing to assist bring HEPAC into a real development. TBD

And the winner is ####! TEXAS IT IS!

Registrant:

AvSelect.com Inc.

610 Middlewoods London N6G 1W8

Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com

Domain Name: CAAVIATION.COM

Created on: 16-Sep-02

Expires on: 16-Sep-05

Last Updated on: 21-Sep-04

Administrative Contact:

Inc., AvSelect.com domains@avselect.com

Kyle Zinn President 610 Middlewoods London N6G1W8

Canada

Technical Contact:

Inc., AvSelect.com domains@avselect.com

Kyle Zinn President 610 Middlewoods London N6G1W8

Canada

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.RACKSPACE.COM

NS2.RACKSPACE.COM

Domain Name: rackspace.com

Created on..............: 14 Aug 1998 00:00:00

Expires on..............: 13 Aug 2008 00:00:00

Administrative Info:

Rackspace, Ltd.

Host Master

112 East Pecan

San Antonio, TX 78205

US

Phone: +1.2108924000

Fax..: +1.2108924329

Email: hostmaster@rackspace.com

Billing Info:

Rackspace, Ltd.

Host Master

112 East Pecan

San Antonio, TX 78205

US

Technical Info:

Rackspace, Ltd.

Host Master

112 East Pecan

San Antonio, TX 78205

US

Registrant Info:

Rackspace, Ltd.

Host Master

112 East Pecan

San Antonio, TX 78205

US

Domain servers in listed order:

ns.rackspace.com.

ns2.rackspace.com.

Sisyphus -------- well we differ again sir. If I was an owner I'd want an idependent thinker that doesn't just "follow" all the time. I would also not want him to consider me, the owner, to be "the enemy" and "out to get him all the time". He should expect also, that I will take "due note" that he has a family and perhaps children that he has a stronger attachment to than me. I concur with that because my family comes before my business also. IF at some point, he becomes disenchanted with me I expect to try to work things out with him and if that is not possible and he feels that he must "bad-mouth" me behind my back or in public......I will expect that he will be "man enough" to leave. I will endeavour to do my best to keep him happy, but I firmly expect that he will get beter offers and will be saddened when he departs, but I can only afford to pay him so much. I detest a person with no ambition and know that I may loose him at some point anyway. He will afterwards get my respect and I will also expect his, even when we compete years later.

At that point he may do as he pleases, BUT as long as he is employed by me; I demand and will get his loyalty; his flying abilities to the best of his ability; I expect him to know that he is one of my company Ambassadors and my company may well be judged by his actions at and away from work and lastly, I expect him not to "tear the **** out of my machinery" or the DOM will be VERY dissatified and will have a "fireside chat" with him before I do. He will find that the conversation with the DOM will be decidedly different than the conversation with me because I have "cut a budget" for the DOM to stay within and he may have just "blown it" for the DOM.

In return, I will pay him as much as I can, based on what he has to offer me, cover him and his family with benefits to the best of my ability and treat him as a valued company asset until he shows me differently. If he would like to become part of my monetary interest in the company, I will advise him when we need to cover a "floating line of credit" at the local banking institution and he can be available to put his home, other possible assets and investments up for possible security, if and when the Regional banking offices says they are needed. If he cannot do that then I will "cut him some slack" and ask him to be the one to advise X number of employees that he can't afford to pay them and must lay them off....including possibly the young pilot with a new home and a newly pregnant wife. He might well enjoy that because being part owner, it is now a given that he was "out to screw" those laid-ff employees anyway, so he should "be in his glory".

Guest Bullet Remington

Cap:

Nicely stated, Sir. Whatever happened to " Duty, Loyality and Honor"?

Man things have sure changed! I 'm really having difficulty adjusting to some of the attitudes shown here! I'm getting way to old for this Shyte!

Then again...maybe its just me!

Some people want the Charter of Rights to cover their butts all the way through life.

Shouldn't there be a Charter of Responsibilities that requires citizens to provide a minimum level of quality and service to their families, employers and neighbours ??

This place has become a haven for a few nut-cases lately.

(Skywrench/moderators, sorry about the name-calling....but am I wrong ??).

I don't mind these people expressing their opinions, but if their opinions had some basis in reality it would make a pleasant change.

Their values are so out of touch with the real world that I can only suspect they have lost control of their sanity, thus the title 'nutcases'.

Is it just me, or do the ideals of Sisyphus and Leadingedge seem to be very close.

Are we dealing with just one person again, using two names to support his cause ?

Here's another great one......Leadingedge taking over the reins of HEPAC.....that should drive the membership down below the 3 or 4 people it is right now.

Well at least Leadingedge will be able to signup Sisyphus as his second new member !!!

Cap

1. I am not Sisyphus, I am in fact a 100% independent person with his own mind. You did reply to me in your last post or am I mistaken.

2. I know it may be difficult to understand that there is a person who agrees with the Phus on occasion . It is my nature to be tolerant and understanding of the differences between people, and respect their opinions, doesn't mean that I have to agree all the time, but learning how to agree to disagree is a key component to success and keeps the peace and diffuses conflict. This is something that is lacking in this industry and on this forum.

3. The industry has its problems, like any other industry. I do not agree with statements like

"he or she is not worth hiring" or those that "get flushed out or down" This in itself demonstrate to me a cliqyiness that is more akin to teenage behavior or bullying than anything else. Everybody deserves respect and the right to work. If a particular individual doesn't fit in well, then is the rest of the group who must show tolerance and understanding that all persons are not the same.After all if they are as good as they state it should.t be a problem. The group supports and educates, but not with 15th cerntury torture equipment.

As far as your comments on employee loyalty are concerned I agree, if that was the situation that was arranged.

Sisyphus may have a legitimate compliant, I don't know. But one thing is clear something screwed up somewhere, and instead of beating him into submission as often happens in this industry a bit of understanding and tolerance may be in order.

Cap, Things are not always black and white as you suggest. Before I became a participant in this industry I was a trained psychologist and still am , and I will tell you that some of the things I read here would shake Maslows theories from its foundations.

Eveybodies opinions are important, and we can learn from everybody. Things just don't happen all by them selves, cause and effect my good man.

Overtalk

You are entitled to your opinion but you do not have the training nor the education to ***** if somebody is a "nutcase" or not. ( this is clear by your statements) Just cause somebody articulates a grievance that contravenes your linear pattern of thinking is not evidence of a nutcase.

Just somebody that has an issue to resolve, and from what I can gather Sisyphuses matters as he states are beyond his control " ie the owners club whisper campagne" must be very frustrating when you can do nothing.

You should provide me with a list of what you consider a nutcase to be, is it somebody who disagrees with you?