Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Operations

If I were to base my opinion of the helicopter industry on what I've read on this forum in the past month, I would assume that the world had deposited all of its lazy, ill-tempered, argumentative, unreasonable misfits in one place and gave them jobs flying and fixing helicopters. I find it totally disheartening that the loudest voices are the negative ones, and it is of no comfort to me that this is not unique to the helicopter industry. I am sick and tired of the unusually high volume of "poor me" crap that spews forth from a very vocal minority, more so recently than ever before, and I wish that those of us who can't find anything positive to say would either increase the Prozak or depart.

I love what I do and feel blessed every time I pull pitch and do what I dreamed of as a child, not to mention the fact that my dad would roll over in his grave if I walked around with a big lip crying about how the world had done me wrong. Get on with it or get over it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it. This used to be a very enjoyable website to come to, and it still has great potential.

A few days ago a new record was set for the number of viewers online at once.....39.

The old record of 38 had stood for a long time. I remember the previous record-setting debate era..........great opinions, polite disagreement, lots of teasing and humour, and abusive tones were few and far between.......AHHH, the good old days.

But I am quite sure all those recent viewers came here to try and gain some information on the tragic 212 accident in the Arctic, and not to view the long-winded, pretentious, boring, unrealistic, overbearing, self-serving and rambling monologues that have been served up here lately.

In fact, I think such myopic dissertations are driving people away from participating here.

Since the "deteriorating standards" and Bleedvalve debacles of a month ago I was curious to see what would happen to this site. Though the remaining "nabobs of negativism" are staying within the rules of this website, they are doing nothing for it's popularity.

..........what a shame.

Leadingedge, thanks for re-posting my thoughts (in bold).

It is quite clear that I did not name you as a nutcase.......why would you suspect you are one of the people I was discussing ????????????

It is up to you and the other readers to speculate on who I may have been discussing.

Also you can see I did not "demand" anything from Skywrench. I simply asked if he agreed that some of the posts have become so unrealistic lately that their authors must be nutcases.

It seems most of the other readers know who I was talking about, and agree with my thoughts about recent posts.....without me needing to list any names.

It is no wonder you are finding this thread tiresome, we have found it to be that way since you started it.

Goldmember/Overtalk...What you both said on this thread, is as profound and productive as anything that I have read on this website.

I am on the latter part of my years in this industry. I am tired, but have enjoyed every hour in my career, good , bad, or otherwise. In times when I could not support my family pursuing my dream, I went and dug a ditch to do that.

But my passion remained, and it paid off......I have been a peon, a pilot, an engineer, an owner, but most of all, a person that has enjoyed all of the industries ups and downs (sorry,no pun intended!).

I have tried to embrace this website, because it has a Canadian substance to it, which I feel loyal to. But alas....as you have pointed out, things have changed over the years. I sense that there are a lot of you are out there not having any fun.

What happened to the passion? Are expectations to high? Are some of you out there trying to achieve goals and dreams, that through this industry can not be achieved?

It is ,what it is, far from perfect, but when some of us started in this, perfection was not what was expected. It is sad, as I know numerous people that would be happy to share wisdom, experience and information to a lot of new comers to our industry. But , as it has been pointed out, there is to much selve serving, egotistical whining that has caused a lot to say silent. And that, my friends, is a loss. :(

'Morning cap! Guess what I'm doing today! I'm sitting at my base! The wind is howling! Small furry animals cling for their lives in wild eyed terror to any object they hope may hold them fast to the earth! I'm drinking coffee! I'm not going flying as planned! It's raining too hard to see! AAAAAAHHHHAAHHAAAHAAAA! POSITIVE, POSITIVE, POSITIVE! HAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAA..... oops, too much Prozac. :D:P

I too can't belive the whining and moaning on this form...makes me glad....no extatic that I am actually doing a job I love, and at the same time feel sorry for those who do not have the same contentment as I. My advise to those is - get a job as a truck driver, its a nicely regulated job, with unions and you can sit around the truckers coffee shop and ***** to people that actually care...or not as in here.