Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Just Out Of Curiosity

Ace303

I thought that the training accredation had gone up to 20 months now, came into effect the same time TC stopped administering the technical exams. Overall a big mistake IMO, a lot of apprentices I work with could sure use the technical refresher a couple years after leaving college with some real world experience under thier belts.

• 3 weeks later...

on the subject of apprentices.....

I'm not sure which guys out there have graduate apprentices from which college, but I'm currently "babysitting" three apprentices. one is hired off the street, but did take 1st yr. avionics at SAIT, but nothing else but he has worked now three seasons with me...and he ROCKS...not bad for a kid right out of highschool. I'd take him with me anywhere....

the other two are recent N.L.C grads....and I must say, things have sure changed since i was at NLC in '84-85! These kids blow me away with how mature and well-along in their carrers they are. GOOD JOB NLC!

IOts also a great place to take a type course too.

anyway, just my take on the apprentice thing.... love to hear good/bad stories from any of you out there.

Cheers

The way I see it in CARs the amount that you are credited with depends on how long you go to school. For every 100 hours you are credited one month. 1800 hrs at NLC = 18 months. I don't know if it is different anywhere else. Working full time is equal one month=one month. Part time work, you go back to hours, 150hrs=one month. I am not sure on these numbers but they seem to ring a bell.