Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Coulson Vs Helijet

Outwest

Looks like Heli-Jet has some competition. Wayne Coulson has started a new company called Executive Transport Airways. He has re-designed, re-furbished an S61N into a really nice executive class airliner. You will not find a nicer 61 anywhere. From the all leather seats, LCD screens for pax DVD video, Bose headsets and galley to the all new panel with Garmin 530. I think he has HJ worried as they are fighting to keep him out of YVR and YYJ harbour heli-pads. I think pax will accept the extra 5 mins to have a stand-up cabin, flight attendant and (mostly) individual seats. Not to mention $99 vs $160.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) Yes, this most certainly could shape up to be quite a battle....Helijet just signed a lease an a 61 also. Coulson most certainly can weather the storm as they have fairly deep pockets. CHA/Acro just purchased Coulsons overhaul business and are gearing for a resurgence into the 61 market. Things out here on the west coast are interesting to say the least... B)

Yeh, when Wayne refurbishes anything he goes first class, he even had a leather interior installed in the Cessna TU206 on amphibs I used to fly for him not to mention the small fortune he put in the 222, what did he finally do with that 222?

I saw the 61 in Nanaimo a few days ago and knew it was Waynes by the paint job, should be interesting to see how it goes. :)

Rev.

CHA/Acro just purchased Coulsons overhaul business and are gearing for a resurgence into the 61 market.

Ooooooh Kay,

Who would CHA be? I've been with CHC for almost 12 years and never have seen that acronym.

CHC bought Coulson Aerospace and Acro/Helipro is not exactly on speaking terms with CHC since they fired their chaiman.

RH

I've heard that Waynes problems are bigger than just finding a landing spot. It seems the last couple of people he has invited in as Ops mgr/CP have elected not to join up. When HJ flew the 61 it was the low summer loads that doomed the project, it was popular in the winter. Outwest is right, people didn't mind the extra 5 mins, but they loved the leather and stand up cabin, :up: not to mention those flight attendants. Trying to split that pie up anymore (76,61,twotter etc) will doom someone, its common knowledge that HJ survive because of good staff working for low wages. Wayne should throw his 61 into the offshore market.

:blink: Silly me......your right 407, a typo it was, Yep, HJ did try the 61 idea before with limited sucess. Rumour has it that the 61 they acquired (again) is to try and establish a Van- Whistler run. I understand that they feel the distance does not work with 76 for a seat/mile cost. Hey.....like I said earlier, things out here in the west are entertaining....... :huh: