Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Interesting Read

Not knowing Rob but having friends who have worked for the goverment, some successfully and some others who had a hard time making the transition. Not all in in avaition but some similarites with their experiences can be drawn here.

It looks like he just had a hard time adjusting to the regulations that are put upon people who work in the goverment sector. We as Rotarywing Pilots/Engineers are taught and it is demanded of us to become self sufficent in the course of our duties. While in the goverment this is frowned upon as there are polices in place to govern how things are done.

It looks like in my opinion that he was just going about things the way we know how. Do we in the field call to the homebase to get overtime authorized, when and where to stay, how to get to the job site or for the most part are we given autonomy over these things and figure it out for our self.

• Like 2

Well, I knew it would come out sooner or later. Not that I hid anything as I was always open about all this with my friends. I have so much I can say on the matter but, well, it just ain't worth my time. True, I was royally screwed over. Why? The best way I could say it is this. There are two ways of doing things in this world. The sensible " real world " way..... And the TC way. I was targeted right from the beginning. Lets face it, when you are in a room with 20 TC inspectors studying about the new SMS program and you pipe up that "this #### will never work in a million years!", you get marked. And that was just one of many incidents.....my problem? I did not tow the company line. No free thinking in that place....

It does surprise me that they dragged it to the end because there now is nothing holding me back from telling you about all the BS that goes on in that place.

But then, I should probably be careful....they may still be out to get me....lol Funny thing though, I was already planning my exit when the SHTF.....

But the jokes on them....while the whole grievance was going on, I built me a nice house in Mexico and went fighting fires. I'll be back next summer boys and girls.

And to think I was stupid enough to think that I could join TC to help the industry....... As tor this thread...I don't give a ####, people that know me know I have a thick skin and could care less. So I sign off, from my penthouse in Brazil....

Rob Dyck

EX TC and HAPPY!!!!

Hey! I just read that and it is true...... Being EX TC is ECSTASY!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 11

Don't get me wrong, but I think we need TC, and the LAW, and public disemination of information, even when it hurts the little guy. I've read the document a number of times as I am slow with legalese, amongst other things. But reading between the lines something tells me that I could definately work with this guy... and I don't have a clue who he is.

Good Luck Rob

Zazu

Very curious direction this thread has taken. Is there not one word in the TC account that is correct? I would be among the last to leap to their defence and fairly quick to look for dysfunction in government but this doesn't look like a totally one-sided issue.

I'm not looking to see the whole thing aired again, it perhaps should never have surfaced, but I find the 100% condemnation of the TC position to be interesting.

Cheers . . . . .

Very curious direction this thread has taken. Is there not one word in the TC account that is correct? I would be among the last to leap to their defence and fairly quick to look for dysfunction in government but this doesn't look like a totally one-sided issue.

I'm not looking to see the whole thing aired again, it perhaps should never have surfaced, but I find the 100% condemnation of the TC position to be interesting.

Cheers . . . . .

TC was caught lying on the stand and the adjudicator still decided in their favour.

The MOT, like all government departments, works in strange ways.....some that are very strange to a group of independent thinkers such as Canadian VFR helicopter pilots.

When joining any organisation you have to learn to play by their rules, despite how much you want to "help" the industry.

Referring to the MOT's favourite child (SMS) as "####" is not a good way to start.

The grievor admitted that he "dropped the ball" on several occasions after that.

The event with the camera-phone should never have happened. There are different opinions from both sides as to the exact details. However, one thing is clear....any event that requires a letter of apology shows unacceptable behaviour (in the public or private sector).

Maintaining a defiant and defensive attitude (without showing any culpability) after a judgement like this is something we've come to expect from Pilot5, not 412Driver.

There are 2 sides to every story.

As I said in the first reply to the initial post, this topic serves no benefit to either side.

No-one likes censorship, but the moderators here should have shown a modicum of discretion by deleting this topic before it degraded to where it did.

• Like 1