Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Interesting Read

Some of you make me laugh.

This is a public document, open to public viewing. In case I missed something, THIS is the public. I think it's very relevant on a number levels given the ceaseless moaning and complaining that goes on here.

It is also an extremely valuable reminder that should you want to work for the gov't in any respect, you are now in the Public Domain. Something worth considering before one pulls the trigger.

I for one, am flabbergasted reading that report, as I'm sure most of you are as well.

By all means, pull the thread so we can get back to trashing the usual suspects. :down:

AR

fair enough.....public info it is.....the thing is you posted the poor ******** name, now it is at 774 views and counting. I wonder how you would feel if your name and all the details where posted on here from the last time you got fired!

You have taken part in publicly ruining a guys rep that I assume you do not even know.

• Like 3

Its unfortunate this dirty laundry was put out for all to see.................But the internet has brought us back to a much simpler time, when people lived in a community and gossiped. Replace coffee row and the rink with google and facebook. No longer can people hide, as urban dwellers have with anonymity. There peers not knowing who they really are. Time heals all wound. People move on. Im sure this was a learning experience for all involved on a personal and professional level. Some of life's lesson are hard learned and not all lesson come at a young age.

• Like 6

sirlandsalot,

I posted a public document, which contains a lot of valuable information for the people in this industry, why would I be culpable in anything? I'm not sure you understand how this process works?

If said individuals did not want their employment records made public, then I may suggest they have refrained from signing the offer of employment from a Government agency in the first place? It has NOTHING to do with where I work or how I would feel, as I work for a private company and stipulate privacy in both directions in my contract. They sign a very different document.

Now, once again, I would suggest whoever is checking this topic read this document as there are a lot of important lessons to be learned in it, and from both sides. We can post thread after thread, year after year, begrudging TC and its employees, the way rides are done, the way audits are done, and the state of professionalism amongst all of us in the Canadian Helicopter industry. Well, here it is all laid out in black and white, frankly I'm disappointed that reactions like yours seem to be the standard.

AR

• Like 5

That may be true but in the mean time, Rob's reputation is being thrown around in a way that he may or may not have wanted. Did anybody ask him if he minded having his dirty laundry aired on the internet? There may be good lessons to be learned regarding how TC operates but not at Rob's expense. I don't think everyone who works for the government expects to have their privacy exposed like this. I know Rob personally and I cringed when this thread started.

• Like 2

Let me remind everyone that your reputation is based on every second of your life.

sometimes you add rep points, sometimes you lose them (ask me how I know as i look at my excess negative reps on here LOL) I'm sure many of you who don't know me might change your views of me if you did.

So although Rob may have a tough time accepting his life displayed for all to see, I'm sure those who know him better than his previous TC employers and some unknown peeps on here, will still respect him. Does he need to care about the rest? I know I don't care about the scabs who continually knock my reputation down. Rob shouldn't care either. Another chapter of his life written and I'm sure he's moved on. We all should too. After of course we learn from his experience. There is no doubt this scenario has alot of info to offer.

Anyways the point is obvious i guess.

• Like 4

Guest plumber

That may be true but in the mean time, Rob's reputation is being thrown around in a way that he may or may not have wanted. Did anybody ask him if he minded having his dirty laundry aired on the internet? There may be good lessons to be learned regarding how TC operates but not at Rob's expense. I don't think everyone who works for the government expects to have their privacy exposed like this. I know Rob personally and I cringed when this thread started.

I don't know him and I cringed. I also believe there is 3 sides to ever story Robs side T.C's side and the truth. This type of laundry should not be aired on this forum.

• Like 1

I have known Rob for 20 plus years. This probably should not have been posted here. But I think when he went to work for the Government it was in good faith. I am sure there are instances where there were misunderstandings and miss communication. I have dealt with this branch of the government and now understand the quality of the personal that are employed there. I personally think Rob will not be singled out in the industry because of his dealings with this bunch of thugs. If you don't play the game you get outed. The government agencies are very good at protecting their own it doesn't matter which branch.

See you around in the season to come Rob. I think it will be a busy one.

• Like 5

I read the entire article and to be honest, I don't really see it so much as dirty laundry. I guess opinions will vary but none of us are perfect and my take on the whole thing is that its just a story about how an industry personality used to working in a world of common sense and efficiency doesn't fit in with TC.

• Like 5

Thank you.

I have known Rob for 20 plus years. This probably should not have been posted here. But I think when he went to work for the Government it was in good faith. I am sure there are instances where there were misunderstandings and miss communication. I have dealt with this branch of the government and now understand the quality of the personal that are employed there. I personally think Rob will not be singled out in the industry because of his dealings with this bunch of thugs. If you don't play the game you get outed. The government agencies are very good at protecting their own it doesn't matter which branch.

See you around in the season to come Rob. I think it will be a busy one.

• Like 3