Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

To Seismic Or Not To Seismic?

4 hours a day on the shortest days of the year right now. No pax, just bags. There's worse ways to make a living.

I agree, beats sitting in a tent swatting flies in the tundra LOL. Sure, maybe its not as glamourous (insert rolling eyes here) as heli skiing, but at the end of the day there's a nice hotel room, hot tub, pool and even a water slide. Even the camps are getting cushy, executive rooms,private baths ( sometime LOL)

I'll keep doing it until I win 6/49

49merc

When I was a 100 pilot working on the ground pumping fuel on seismic shows, I said there was no way in **** i was going to be a career seismic pilot. Well here I am 12 years later sitting at home between shifts doing seismic. Its a love/hate thing for me still. I have to say it has always kept a roof over my head and taken me to some pretty cool places that I never thought I would have seen in three different countries so far. As far as answering the question, is seismic awesome? I'd have to say no, but when its good it is fun and pays well. I would say go and do it, get the experience cause when there is no work going on in the winter and you need a paycheque you can usually find a seismic tour somewhere.

Some of the most fun I had over the years were in the seismic field....4 years in Mexico, and 10 or so in Canada was a part of flying I will always look back upon with a smile. Sure there were days that tested ones patience....but overall I would say everyone should be there at least once in their career !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...