Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Please Identify

Sir JBC..

How are ya.Yes I believe GUT was there just as I was finishing up.If that was the kinda greeny blue and white one.It used to belong to Buffalo out of Fort Simpson.If that is the one.Tom Kerkoff ferried it to Oshawa when Tony bought it.The other one doesnt ring a bell.

Take care and hope your not to cold up there........

Mini..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

twovee_2 ------In short.....yupper, one was...can't remember the letters. I don't think there were that many. In the hands of an "artist", it was an impressive machine to watch. That also would be about late winter '68. At least not that long before CANWEST got going.

Cap: SIE was the one that Stretch tuned up. YTP was the last one Klondike had. Not sure were it ended up? My “ Artist” SL4 rides were from JL,KO, Terry C on the Canmore mountain course with the G2 KPC as back up. The Canwest start would have been in Hanger 4 in YYC then across the ramp. Fond times.

Did Ernie Y ever fly them? I first met him at High level in the Fall of '68 on an 1100 and never did see him fly anything piston. I'd give my right arm to work with 'ol Stretch again, but that's one privilege I'll never have. :(

G2 as back-up for an SL4? You gotta be kidding. :lol: Talk about "culture-shock". :lol: