Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Safety Management Systems

Chuck -----ok, I relent. I have been told that the 300C is a great training a/c and many swear by her....rain or no rain. :D

Oh, I think we all have a real good idea where you"'come down" on the SMS. You probably haven't commented because of something to do with sex or working too much on the Cub. :lol:

Twinstar ----do you mean Ed Ulmer?

Elvis ---- you just dated yourself with that expression. Look out or they'll be putting you over on the side of the room with me and Chuck. :shock:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was dave ulmer, cap...

was a little 269A owned by another fellow from around the area and dave was demo'ing it to a prospective buyer... it went into the side of the hill... i never did see a final TSB report on it...

as chuck says, they didn't change the design much except for lengthen the mast... the r/h sure used to be low...

damned if can remember the exact year, cap.. seems to me it was around '88,'89...

the guy who was with him was the owner of a local construction company... i heard he wasn't rated but UES did have duals...

the bird had recently been imported from the US... i saw it when it still had it's n number and then flew in it after it was cdn registered...

i'd be interested in knowing if you know anything about it...

Still "ringing bells", but damned if I know why. No suggesting anything "untoward" with the incident, but with all the stuff I've forgotten after all these years, when something "rings a bell", there's probably a good reason......to me. :D If I think too hard about it, I won't remember for sure, so I'll leave it go and then I'll probably get it tonite when I'm sitting on the toilet or some place like that. :lol:

Ding Dong..Ding Dong...........Cap you goofy old fart....It's me..I've been standing outside your front door for hours.....Don't feel bad 'cause the same thing happens to me,but I'm a **** of a lot younger than you. What would an Edsel be worth today? I remember seeing them in ancient history books..long before my time....Stay warm.....Otooley

Cap, is it OK if we don't visualize you in your 'remembering configuration?' It's more than these old cells can handle. :lol:

I remember doing an evaluation on the 269 for the military in the 'Peg, back in '66 or '67, with Tony Becker of Helisolair, out of Montreal. It was a load of fun to fly. Autos were straightforward, and straight down! You didn't pulled collective until your anus screamed, "NOW!!!" We'd probably have recommended it except for the poor tail rotor authority. With the military schools well-ensconced in Manitoba, it wasn't the machine to train with in those winds. Still - fond memories. B)B)

now boys, don't be knockin' my baby!!! ;)

when schwiezer (now sikorsky) bought the 269 rights from hughes they made over 70 or so modifications and came out with the 300CB. the big change was the t/r...a bigger one. and now with injection they have the 300CBi............

every helicopter autos straight down :P:D

actually, the 300CBi has very nice auto characteristics. i have my students doing full ons prior to solo...................

but hey, that's another thread....what are we talking about again????

Otooley ------ depends on what model, type and year you are restoring. I bought a '67 Vette new for $8,340, with the 427c.i./435Hp engine in it and some other goodies...kept it 3 years and traded-in. That exact same model (exact same colour even and soft top) sold at Harrah's in Las Vegas last year (all restored) for $110,000 USD.......and that's the going price these days. Put me in a bad mood for the next two days after I read that ******! :stupid:

Younger than me?....give me a bloody break. Go somewhere's and find something to lock-wire you 'ol fart. Leave the newspaper behind when you leave because I wanna do the cross-word puzzle. :P

Downwash....I'm really sorry, but I cannot for the life of me, visualize YOU in a 269. Was every landing an "off-level landing" then? :P Tony Becker.....holy cow...talk about ghosts from the past. Haven't heard his name for almost 35 yrs. Otooley should know him too.

I also learned long ago that the one place I could go and assume the position of "Rodin's Thinker" also gave me peace, quiet and the wife, the law and DOT couldn't get me. Besides.....it's the only legal "Man's Club" allowed anymore. :lol::lol: Otooley had children too, so he knows what I'm talking about also. :lol: