Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

cell phone and data plans

bs205

On 2018-01-25 at 6:10 PM, T-rex said:

$60/ month.  10GB data  most carriers offered this deal this Dec, not sure if they still are

To add to that , I owned my own phone.  I was Telus, but switched to Koodoo (owned by Telus, same network) to get this deal.  I think it’s over but if you own your phone I would get hold of the loyalty department of whoever you are with and start wheeling and dealing.  Hit every kiosk in the mall.  

• Like 1

I use Freedom Mobile, formerly Wind Mobile, here in Vancouver, and started with them about 5 years ago.

Pros. Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data, province wide  for 36.73 per month

Slowly switching over to LTE from 3g

Cons. Small coverage areas limited to major and medium sized cities.

My plan was a special offer, not sure if is still available.

{No contract}, but if you buy a phone through them, at a discount, they put you on a two year payment plan and if you leave early you have to pay for the remaining discounted amount owing, plus the remaining discount you would have received.  

All in all, the best deal for me I could find at the time.

• Like 1