Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

407 Or 119

Mags, there was no personal impugning intended in my remark. It was about the manufacturer you so proudly tout. Aside from my personal experience, and that of others with which I'm personally acquainted, Aerospatiale, then Eurocopter, consistently rank well behind Bell and others in evaluations of product support carried out by trade organizations and magazines. That, my friend is a 'glass house' from whcih I'd not hurl rocks. B)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Mags....As I am very neutral in regards to brand loyalty( meaning I pretty much like anything that flies). I think you guys can take a lot from the fact that Eurocopter sales are proving just how much their products have improved and advanced, definetly showing signs of" industry leading"( from what I can see)... ;)

I can't buy that 'time' argument, Mags. I imported the first 350B into Canada back around '82, and I haven't heard or seen of any great improvements in support since then. I know the 350D kind of caught them off guard with the mast bearing and the LTS101, but that shouldn't have impacted the whole brand for over two decades. B)

In my short time in this industry, I've found that brand loyalty is very similar as it is with pick-up trucks. Some people swear by Ford and won't touch anything else. For others it's GM, and others Dodge. It's almost like religion... :lol:

Far as I'm concerned, as long as it's airworthy, I'll be happy with it... :up:

'Brand loyalty' is, in many cases, the result of a great deal of good experience with that particular 'brand,' and not necessarily a slavish attitude founded on such things as appealing visual features or promotional gimmickery. As well, many of us are better than others at maintaining a reasonable degree of objectivity, regardless of taste or preference.

For example, I've never been a fan of Howard Hughes' little grape but I know that it carved itself a successful niche in the marketplace and I was personally aware of a commendable level of support on the product back in the 70's and 80's. Unfortunately, at the risk of being judged biased, I simply can't say the same for Aerospatiale in the same time frame, and I still hear mostly 'horror' stories about the efforts of its inheritors. B)

Thanks everyone for trying to respond Im still a newbee and I thought the 407 and 119 were the closest to compare didn't know that there was only one in canada at JB Air... I seen this on another site and now that they are made in philadelphia I wasn't too sure that a helicopter could do a hands off hover and I wanted to see what anyone else had to say about it... here is the quote

Nice machine. Flew about 20 min. Controls seemed a bit heavy at first. Got used to it quickly. Also very sensitive in roll also overcome easily. Salesman demonstrated no hands hover. The machine is very stable.

Pulled into a 20 foot hover and then power to 100% torque. Vertical climb rate settled on about 1700fpm. Pilot plus 3 pax and full fuel. 80% cruise settled on about 140kts. Only con I saw was right hand door was not removable for sling load. Not sure how that would be done. Apparently the Canadian operator who owns the machine uses a Bambi bucket with a 120'line. Would like to try it.

Over all nice machine interior storage was awsome as well as baggage.

Wish I had a spare 2 million.

phil

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers and I didn't win the lotto so back to pumping gas until I get my first job......