Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

New Flight and Duty Regs

Tee4

I have a feeling operators won't go for the wearables just so they can continue to avoid paying OT for hours spent sitting in the bush not flying. Because apparently sitting in 30 degree heat getting skull f**ked by bugs "isn't work".  

...ok maybe I got carried away. I think the definition of 702 is going to become a lot more flexible.  If the passenger is covered under WCB then it's 702 or something along those lines. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CSC1 said:

I have a feeling operators won't go for the wearables just so they can continue to avoid paying OT for hours spent sitting in the bush not flying. Because apparently sitting in 30 degree heat getting skull f**ked by bugs "isn't work".  

...ok maybe I got carried away. I think the definition of 702 is going to become a lot more flexible.  If the passenger is covered under WCB then it's 702 or something along those lines. 

Except that WCB Reg’s are provincial, as far as most of our clients are concerned, and Flight Duty Time Reg’s are federally mandated.  

Yes, there is coverage for Federally regulated employees (us), but it’s pretty loose imo.  Can’t see it happening. 

18 hours ago, DGP said:

I liked that line...Drill pilots don't get tired...reminded me of a time when I got woke up at 2 am ...guy says they needed something at the drill...I said its dark out...I will take it out at first light...guy says that will be too late and...that choppers has a light on it doesn't it?  Dahhhh!!!!

I always use the line “ get f$&ked “ 😆😆

On 9/16/2022 at 6:54 PM, robottxt said:

Give the device to someone else and crush beers all night with the 212 engineers. 

I see 100 hour wonders will come back in style... "Hey kid, want some stick time? Put this on and sleep 8 hours!" See ya in the morning...

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2022 at 7:26 PM, CSC1 said:

I liked your comment about sitting in a machine in the heat and how waiting wasn't "work".  You do have a choice, sit in the machine and BAKE or douse yourself in bug juice and lay under the machine but then there's ants and wasps and all other kinds of pleasurable interactions to look forward to.  TIME is our most precious commodity and if we give it away for free at work it comes at the expense of time at home or doing other non work related activities.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...