Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Non Rev Flight pay

Just wanting to gauge the industry standard on paying for non rev flight pay these days, and curious to specific names of companies doing as such.

I know it used to be more rare, but I'm of the impression that most companies pay that now (as they should).

In my opinion if you are at the controls you are responsible for that aircraft therefore should be compensated, its not a charity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's a simple conversation.( Me) Hey do you pay non rev? Them) No. (Me) OK cool I don't do non rev. (Them) We will find someone else. (Me) Cool good talk. We are all grown ups I never have hard feelings if people are straight up.

• Like 5

On 1/10/2024 at 2:01 PM, helipilot12 said:

Just wanting to gauge the industry standard on paying for non rev flight pay these days, and curious to specific names of companies doing as such.

I know it used to be more rare, but I'm of the impression that most companies pay that now (as they should).

In my opinion if you are at the controls you are responsible for that aircraft therefore should be compensated, it’s not a charity.

The industry standard is there is no standard. 

• Thanks 1

There is no standard really, it's up to you to negotiate a rate that you are comfortable with. If you have a slow year but still get paid a decent guaranteed minimum rate, then who cares if you do some non rev. If your guarantee is low, then then non rev makes you feel that you are being taken advantage of. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rotorhead205 said:

There is no standard really, it's up to you to negotiate a rate that you are comfortable with. If you have a slow year but still get paid a decent guaranteed minimum rate, then who cares if you do some non rev. If your guarantee is low, then then non rev makes you feel that you are being taken advantage of. 

Everyone cuts their own deal. Nobody is going to have your back in this industry. Several decades have proven that to most of us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shakey said:

Everyone cuts their own deal. Nobody is going to have your back in this industry. Several decades have proven that to most of us.

I have always negotiated my own deals. 

You actually find most companies are good to deal with it you explain why you want what you want. 

always start high so you can come down…

As for non rev. I dont mind a bit here and there if my rates are good. Works both ways.