Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

HAI 2024 - Anaheim

After 20 years of flying in Canada, and getting up there in age and reflecting on my career (and the positives and negatives of it), I have never attended HAI or HAC. 

I am not an Owner or operator. Just a driver who has tried a bit of everything (jack not a master of anything by any means).

Has anyone that previously attended HAI found it beneficial? Is it too overwhelming for the amount of exhibitors / presentations to complete in the 3 day period, or is just one day sufficient?

Is membership in HAI beneficial? I ask this last question as the $95 membership fee still qualifies new members for the discounted early bird price for the upcoming convention.

I appreciate all input. 

Thanks very much for reading and / or responding.

I've been in the industry over 35 years, and have attended both HAC and HAI as an employee.

I would highly recommend attending. Seeing all the aircraft, most of which will never be operated in Canada, the people in the industry. Catching up with old faces. The manufacturer's technical briefings.

Best of all, the private receptions in the evenings, as the big companies show their appreciation to their customers, their clients.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BJP said:

After 20 years of flying in Canada, and getting up there in age and reflecting on my career (and the positives and negatives of it), I have never attended HAI or HAC. 

I am not an Owner or operator. Just a driver who has tried a bit of everything (jack not a master of anything by any means).

Has anyone that previously attended HAI found it beneficial? Is it too overwhelming for the amount of exhibitors / presentations to complete in the 3 day period, or is just one day sufficient?

Is membership in HAI beneficial? I ask this last question as the $95 membership fee still qualifies new members for the discounted early bird price for the upcoming convention.

I appreciate all input. 

Thanks very much for reading and / or responding.

HAI is hit and miss but generally well organized and a good place for updates in new and coming advancements to technology. HAC is more of a  local operator reunion with some of what HAI presents but Canadian focused. If you really want to attend one of these you should check out HAI.  HAC your employer should pay for if you really would like to go, it can be beneficial.

• Thanks 2

I have went to at least 10 or more shows going back to 1996 in Dallas...the year the 407 was first shown. Back in those days you could actually get a ride in most of the new ships. I got a ride in a 407 with an engineer friend of mine...I told the pilot when we got back that he better have maintenance check out that ship as the vibs in the back seat were so bad I thought we might not make it back to the rooftop helipad. I went to Bell in Texas for my 407 pilot/eng course in 2000 and mentioned this to our maintenance instructor...he actually knew of this and said the oil cooler bearings were going in that ship...unreal...anyways the show is fun...you see all the new stuff that will get to Canada in 20 years...just kidding...you may meet some friends and get offered a job...which I did in Dallas in 2000 but turned it down...met up with 412 driver at one show...good times. I never had to pay to get into the shows...if you know people in the business...ie... Bell.EuroCopter, Standard Aero...they all hand out free tickets at the show. My buddy George worked for Composite Tech...always got me in free. You will find it very hard to get a ride anymore due to 911...you have to pre reg to set it up with lots of checks and paperwork. Haven't been at one now since the one in Louisville KN...not a good place for the show if you want warm weather in Feb...it snowed when I was there...I went to a couple in Orlando, at least 3 in Dallas, Vegas once...LA once...I would go to Orlando again...LA is too far to go for me and the traffic there is nuts...too crowded.

dougs pics 035 (2).JPG

160301_001.jpg

P3020584.JPG

160301_005.jpg

P3020571.JPG

P3020589.JPG

P3020577.JPG

P3020593.JPG

P3030602.JPG

P3030609.JPG

P3030610.JPG

P3030614.JPG