Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chief Pilot Wages

I have chosen to accept the position of Chief Pilot for a company here in Alberta and was wondering what kind of wages I can negotiate for ? Anyone offering pertinent information would be appreciated. I haven't mentioned who my employer is because I don't need my employer to know that I'm stacking my deck prior to the negotiation. I also have no problem sharing my who I am and what company I work for to those who I feel need to know as I'm sure you all understand. I didn't think I needed a bunch a hundred hour guys advising me on what they think I should make. PM for details and thanks.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think I needed a bunch a hundred hour guys advising me on what they think I should make

Thats a great attitude, like total hours has anything to do with an opinion on wages. :angry: Here's an idea if you dont know what you should be paid maybe you shouldnt be a chief pilot. This is a free forum if every member of this forum is not permitted to respond then dont ask questions like that on here.

Thats a great attitude, like total hours has anything to do with an opinion on wages. :angry: Here's an idea if you dont know what you should be paid maybe you shouldnt be a chief pilot. This is a free forum if every member of this forum is not permitted to respond then dont ask questions like that on here.

Too funny...hasn't got the job yet but already has the "attitude"

And for all you hundred hour guys out there...keep the faith...there are some good chiefs...so don't get discouraged!

Jesse I wasn't trying to display that my attitude was poor but really how can the input of a hour pilot be helpful to me when I have nearly 7000 hours logged ?? Sorry to have offended you and others alike...it wasn't my intention.

Jesse I wasn't trying to display that my attitude was poor but really how can the input of a hour pilot be helpful to me when I have nearly 7000 hours logged ?? Sorry to have offended you and others alike...it wasn't my intention.

I am quite sure you would not have gotten many replies from the low time guys anyway...it was just a derogatory statement. We were all there once...no need to make them feel inferior. I guess after you logged all those hours you forgot what it was like to be new in the industry. You should post what company you will be working for...that way the guys will know what they are up against when they come to see you for a job. They will go "ahhhhh that is the guy that does not have time for 100hr pilots."

As for the reason for your thread...if you have been in the industry so long why would you have to ask the $ question. Anyone with as much experience and exposure in the industry as you have, should have a pretty good idea already, so, what gives????

As for the reason for your thread...if you have been in the industry so long why would you have to ask the $ question. Anyone with as much experience and exposure in the industry as you have, should have a pretty good idea already, so, what gives????

Why would many years of experience in the business give him an idea of how much a chief pilot /D.O.M. should make? Of all the operators I've worked for, I honestly have no idea what their chief pilot or D.O.M.'s salaries were, nor could I give a ####. It's not like those wages are posted somewhere for all to see. How much does your C.P. make???

It was a pretty simple question really!

Thats a great attitude, like total hours has anything to do with an opinion on wages. Here's an idea if you dont know what you should be paid maybe you shouldnt be a chief pilot. This is a free forum if every member of this forum is not permitted to respond then dont ask questions like that on here.

Since you were offended that dpxheli didn't want your opinion, I can only assume that you have one otherwise you wouldn't've complained to begin with. So let's have it, what should a C.P.'s yearly salary be these days Jesse?????