Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Lost Tools

F***ing Greyhound lost 1/2 my tools!!!!!!!!!!! I had a black Action Packer with my Clamshell, my chordless, and my big book of "hints & tips" inside it. It's been about 2 weeks now, and the still can't find it!

What do Y'all think, will I ever see them again? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:( Sorry to hear that Helipinch......do you have an inventory of the lost items? Were they being shipped for the company you work for? Does your company hold any kind of coverage for such a loss? Did you try to talk to Greymutt for compensation for the loss? How about your own house insurance?

Hope you can try and retrieve some of your loss.

Back when the earth was cooling, I was in Edmonton at the muni when I watched the guys load my tools on a Canadian Dash 8 for a direct trip to YYC. In Calgary, lo and behold not tools. Went to the Baggage claim folks told them of my problem and they managed to locate them in the back. Seems the bag tag mysteriously feel off. If you have ever tried to tear one of those tags of you will find why this seems peculiar. Sorry to hear of your predicament. Hope things work out this well for you.

I was shipping them from home to the hanger, I had no prior inventory, but i've got a fairly good idea what was in it 'cause i just got a new 2nd bush box and re-orginized it all, and haveing worked in the hanger the last few weeks, its easy to see what you are missing. Good thing the box i got had all the "bread & butter", ie sockets, wrenches, pliers, & Tq wrenches, so at least i can still work!

Graydog says they will start a claim when they get a list of items, and replacement cost, but who knows how much they will actually cover. A problem could be the DINGBAT at our reception SIGNED FOR THEM!!!! " 3 pcs received in good order". I think the company is waiting to see what Greyhound in going to do.

I'm fulltime now, but was contract 2 weeks ago when they were lost.

that sucks sorry to hear this.

I had the same thing happen to me.

It took 3 weeks and I got it back . I was told it was lost for good and the usual bs .... Then one day a delivery truck appeared and it arrived to the return address.

Make sure you call every day until you get a straight logical answer from someone in charge.... they can track it by all the stops made on the way,,, calling each stop one by one.. get the bosses boss to do it. make a stink about it. Call the head office ask to speak to the supervisor of the supervisor and you just might get it back. maybe it just sitting in some warehouse and some under paid person is waiting for direction on what to do with it..

I hope you get your tools back.

had a simular situation myself, have graymutt check all stations AFTER the stop your stuff was to be delivered to. I was flying back to MN from CA on the local puddle jumper, my stuff wound up in Seattle WA and arrived 3 weeks later.

don't give up, keep pestering them, the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Hey Helipinch. I hope ya find your tools.

Ditto on the DINGBAT...

Take care and see ya down the road........Mini