Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ctd's Great Western Tour 2003

CTD

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pics are great CTD, too bad we missed you guys. Almost made it, but our ops manager figured that sitting in the double x-ray (while machines were getting released all over the place) :rolleyes: , was a better way to spend the day. Oh well, at least my collection of fine Scotch's are safe. :D

By the way, bbq'd the lamb last weekend for the folks, and it was deeeelicious and tender !! :up:

Cheers

Yeah, it's too bad, because we hardly had any good food or booze for the whole trip. Actually, that's a lie - 4961 took us to a really nice place in Lillooet called, uhmm, what was it, oh yeah, the A and W restaurant. Quite spectacular actually. Here we are outside Chez Albert and Walter, and as you can see, most vehicles in BC leak oil. Incidentally, the same mall complex has a Buy-Low and a Liquor Store. How good is that?

Anyway, glad you finally made it back - Mrs Randy G was starting to worry.

Cheers Mate, and talk to you soon. :blink:

Well we could have given you a choice, Albert & Walter's, or Chez Ronalds, both are in the same strip mall. :D It must have been hard for you, no decent food until Lillooet. You need to find better host for your next trip. ;):D They probably tried to serve you Scotch that wasn't even old enough to vote. Shameful !!!! :D:D

Yeah, Mrs R_G is quite happy now that I'm home, but she couldn't really complain too much about the last tour, since I was able to spend 2 fun filled nights at home, while we had some radio difficulties. ;) :up:

Well off to go boil down some coke, (hmmm, that sounds suspicious. ;) ) and prep some ribs for tomorrow.

Talk to ya later.

Cheers

CTD, if 4961 took you to Lilloet you probably got to ride the Duffy Lake Road.

(I suspect this is where the photo of the 'curvy road ahead' sign was taken).

Any biker lucky enough to ride the Duffy on a blue-sky day has no right to complain about the Papa Burgers. I'd eat dirt if I knew it was at the other end of a trip like that, you lucky dog.

I think the Duffy is what the roads look like in Heaven.

Whoever designed it must have ridden bikes on the weekend.