Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ctd's Great Western Tour 2003

CTD

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trip home to YOW was fairly boring - just me and the road (which was TERRIBLE through Sask - I've seen better roads in the Third World)

The bright spot was the evening with Rosco, Mrs. Rosco, Mini Rosco, and Cindy-Lou Who. The surf and turf (as ordered in advance), large case of ale, hot tub, and sauna drove the cold from my bones, and got me off to a late start the next day. At least I started, not like some people who had to call in sick.... :P

So there we have it. Thanks again to 407, downwash, 4961, touchdown, Deuce Bigalow, Hightower, 100ft and Rosco for the hospitality. Great to see Cap as well.

Randy - too baaaaaaaaaad, we'll have to have that lamb next time, Dude.

Twinny - I guess I had my wires crossed. I knew you were in Regina, but blasted through there early one morning with my mind on Kenora. Next time for sure.

Thanks Twitch. I would post some more pics, but the system is telling me I have exceeded my 'limit'. I didn't realize there was one... Kyle? I guess, in reality, the topic has nothing to do with 'Helicopter Operations', but we have sort of become a family of sorts on the helicopter part of the forum, as evidenced by the royal welcome we were given everywhere.

We actually briefly considered heading up your way when fires threatened delays on the southern route, but they settled down and we went back to the original plan. On the CCG side, we did spend an amazing evening in Victoria with TS and her husband JM, and had lunch with Big Stan. Great folks, and good to see them.

i agree that those were great pics too, CTD... looks like you and SWMBO had a great trip!! :up:

we'll hook up for sure if you do this again or if i find myself in you're part of the country... and i don't doubt the wires got a little crossed or plain shook to **** thanks to the land of potholes!!! and you were on our good road!!! :blink:

hey CTD, sounds like you had an awesome trip. it's too bad the fires in alberta kept us from hooking up but there's always next time.............

the pics are awesome. nice to put faces to some of those we correspond with on the forum..............

the rains have hit, snow in some areas, the fires are out and the birds are back at the barn.............

hmm, now what do we do????? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Here are our names from the deck photo CTD took.

In Astar direction starting with the foreground:

My 6 month old, with father in-law, SWMBO, moi, my SWMBO, John Vates (Airborne Flight Training), Rod Watt (CHL - YVK) and ma in-law. Some you may know.

This is a rose of a post surrounded by thorny posts of doom and gloom.

100', Astar direction??? is that straight down??? :D:D Tell Rodney that I thought he was your Grandfather, I never even recognized him, he looks so OLD :D Probably his early aging is due to flying an 18,000 hr CHL 206 and dealing with the Bob twins.... ;)

CTD and SWMBO, it was a pleasure having you stop by, sorry that we didn't have any more time to partake of old Scotches, etc.