Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Absolutley Incredible Flying Video

Mark_

I’m with carholme on this one.

Mr. Dennis Kenyon (retired from flying in 2005 I believe) is a professional and knowledgeable gentleman. He participated in a number of events and airshows and won the World Helicopter Championship in 1993.

What we can see here is good precision flying in the name of helicopter promotion. Not a lot of people know how impressive 150’ logging all day is, or landing on top of a mountain with the smallest amount of torque needed (and yes he can do all that probably), simply because those things happen thousands of kilometers from the crowd.

Comments like lineworker’s are not fair (at least) because he is not one of those young guys doing things to impress girls, far far from that.

It’s like watching the “Snowbirds” and then saying: “Jerkoffs, that’s not impressive. I wander whether they can put 300 people in an A330 and fly safely to London”….

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think some of you guys have narrow minds and quite possibly your head in the sand or up your a$$....this guy does something with something and he excels at it....so what if you think it's not right.

there are so many extremes to every sport, this is just one of them. should we stop watching the globetrotters because it ain't real basketball? should we stop watching formula one because it ain't driving in traffic in NYC during rush hour? Should we stop rally racing because grandpa's civic can't do that on public roads???

get your heads out of your glorified a$$'s for a change and commend the guy for what he does, even though it is different than what you do. He's not some jackhole f'n around.

Mr. Dennis Kenyon (retired from flying in 2005 I believe) is a professional and knowledgeable gentleman. He participated in a number of events and airshows and won the World Helicopter Championship in 1993.

He is (and was) a Civil Aviation Authority-approved helicopter display pilot when he won the world freestyle display championships. Though I think we all appreciate where some of you are coming from, why try to apply this to in-the-field applications? I mean, no need to judge so harshly perhaps? :)

Carholme knows of what he speaks. The vast majority of us are smart enough to know that we can't do at 1000 hours what a more experienced pilot can do with 10,000 - 20,000 hours of experience. Those that don't have the ability to surmise that are doomed to crutches, wheelchairs or cemetaries. As far as the pilot in question being able to demonstrate his ability with a 150' longline, he may not be able to do that specialty at all. Perhaps he's also no good at laser-survey with a R/W either..........so what? I knoiw that I can't do what he's demonstrating even if I tried and wnated to..........and I've been flying for a 'few moons' now. :D

If the pilot were some young cowboy showing off then of course the manouevers would be incredibly stupid and immature. In this case the pilot is a very high time air show pilot who is demonstrating practiced manouevers. His son was killed in a 300...so he knows the risks. (the accident was not related to the flight regime...an improper weld caused tailboom separation in flight if memory serves.) I enjoyed the video as a demonstration of skill...not something to be immitated.

TQNCE : is the book about flying?

Mark

If the guy was doing this at a fire camp or on a seismic job, then the negative comments expressed here would be justified.

If he's doing it at an organized demonstration or airshow with an aircraft he owns or that the owners are aware how their aircraft is being used, I don't see a problem with it nor is it a bad influence on new pilots. What he's doing obviously requires immense talent. Only thing that bothers me is the way that left skit tube bends when he's doing the twirling toe ins.

If the guy was doing this at a fire camp or on a seismic job, then the negative comments expressed here would be justified.

If he's doing it at an organized demonstration or airshow with an aircraft he owns or that the owners are aware how their aircraft is being used, I don't see a problem with it nor is it a bad influence on new pilots. What he's doing obviously requires immense talent. Only thing that bothers me is the way that left skit tube bends when he's doing the twirling toe ins.

I agree.....some people really do need to lighten up!!! <_<

Flight instructor and airshow performer doin his stuff. I wonder if he talks to his students about dynamic rollover before or after he demonstrates how to make the 300 dance on the toe of one skid!

He also flew one of the 500s in Black Hawk Down.

Grab a coffee...it's 8 minutes long.

It just looks like an average test flight with John Shultz. No big deal..... I #### my pants many times.