Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Absolutley Incredible Flying Video

Mark_

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not see anything wrong with showcasing and or demonstrating a helicopters (and pilots), abilities at airshows........after all it seems acceptable to watch and be impresswed with fixed wing stunt pilots such as Shawn Tucker, Bob Hoover, etc, and the likes of the Blue Angels and Snow Birds. Not much criticism gets generated from their performances. I think Mr Kenyon did an admirable job of flying in that clip. It was done for just as specific a reason, as any other pilot performing his job (ie: logging, spraying etc.)......jeez, as Skidbiter said, some of you do need to lighten up a wee bit :rolleyes::P

Unless I'm mistaken, Mr. Kenyon is or was a Schweizer approved test/demonstration pilot. I don't see anything wrong with what he's doing.

Obviously, if he were doing this to impress tree planter babes in the bush it would be an entirely different matter ;)

Splitpin ------ I hate to use the word 'just', but John Shultz is just another' 'character' of canadian R/W aviation. VERTICAL did an article on him some time ago and also made him part of the front cover for that one issue. With a small amount of effort, you might be able to read the article with the help of VERTICAL in doing so. Knowing you, I'm more than sure that you would enjoy the read. :lol:

Right, sorry for my earlier comment. Very uncalled for to make an insult. Didn't know who he was, what he was doing it for, or where his experience level was at.

It was some amazing flying, but all the same, I won't try it myself. And hope that every fresh pilot wanting to taste some glory won't either.