Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Compressor Rinse/wash

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see you have finished playing your little game, I've operated in different countries that the governing authority was TC (country of origin) FAA, CAA and then basically ICAO regs.

You seem to have operated in a country that respects none of these regs.

I don't know of any regulatory service that would have sanctioned the installation of any of the shut off connection that you mentioned in the 500, except maybe Liberia.

Normally an engine wash is normally carried out if there is a change in your power settings or operating under the following conditions:

Industrial Pollution or cities.

Off-Shore area's, more a rinse than a wash, including tuna boat. (if smart daily)

Forest Fires

When required due to power changes for what ever reason.

This is an interesting POST and I hope the original poster will elaborate.

Cheers, Don :blink: :shock:

Well there you are, with the hanger 100 meters from the Pacific ocean and often doing fire work, I think it was worth while doing the washes, and every country has its own rules as I am sure you know, and in NZ it is approved.

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it isn't right!

http://catalog.edwards-assoc.com/category.asp?CatID=4

These items are approved and in common usage all over the world!

:lol: :punk: Thanks for that, wasn't going to bother elaborating on that.

Click the link above..........or contact Edwards.

The type cert. approval is for the engine (C20 series), not the helicopter type.

You will need a different part number kit, depending on whether you have a CECO or Bendix fuel control on your C20 engine.

Remember this part is for the ease of compressor washes by engineers, not pilots, in Canada.

• 2 months later...