Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tips For Winter Ops

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your exageratting a bit, it doesn't snow that much in Mica, lol. The bump in the snow is the Heman.

post-363-1229230958_thumb.jpg

And THAT in a nutshell Kiddies, is why I don't "DO" winter any more. Leave it for the young bucks!! :up: :up: :P

At least you can see parts of the machine. The last time I was involved in something like that in the Boston Bar area we had trouble finding our Midwest 205. Four days just to get to where we figured she was and then another 2 days digging. Thank-You very much, but I think I'll pass on any further "winter ops"

Lots of good advice so far Guys, keep it coming.

And THAT in a nutshell Kiddies, is why I don't "DO" winter any more. Leave it for the young bucks!! :up: :up: :P

At least you can see parts of the machine. The last time I was involved in something like that in the Boston Bar area we had trouble finding our Midwest 205. Four days just to get to where we figured she was and then another 2 days digging. Thank-You very much, but I think I'll pass on any further "winter ops"

Lots of good advice so far Guys, keep it coming.

OMG! I must know you from back then PM me if you want. I did years there working under the 205 and K-Max. Were you there when the slides trapped us in on both sides of the highway and Boston Bar was supposedly running out of food? At the same time we got up and went to work every morning up that old suicidal Hanging Valley Road? You're not Mugsy are you? How bout when the K-Max had a load of logs fall on it? Made for one **** of an ICBC claim! Extreme winter ops to say the least! You guys did good!

Zazu

Aka Zazu

OMG! I must know you from back then PM me if you want. I did years there working under the 205 and K-Max. Were you there when the slides trapped us in on both sides of the highway and Boston Bar was supposedly running out of food? At the same time we got up and went to work every morning up that old suicidal Hanging Valley Road? You're not Mugsy are you? How bout when the K-Max had a load of logs fall on it? Made for one **** of an ICBC claim! Extreme winter ops to say the least! You guys did good!

Zazu

Aka Zazu

I remember the slides. My main concern was the impending lack of Scotch!! The Hanging Valley Road was the one that took us days to clear. No, I'm not Mugsy, but I did run into him this last summer in Alberta. Same old Mugsy, really good guy!!! I've forgotten the names of all the crews I worked with. A combination of Melanoma and radiation to the old headbone but usually a little jog to the memory bank brings it all back. Looking forward to your PM Zazu and finding out who you are.

My Best Regards

Splitpin