Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Top 5 Hardest Jobd

bs205

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you're looking for that engineer/pilot debate, bs205...but you mentioned top 5. :rolleyes: I've always wondered about the Camp Cook's job. It's got to be hard and demanding, feeding small (hungry, grumpy, tired, wet, cold, homesick, not feeling well, what have you...) armies in less than ideal conditions, with limited supplies, 3x a day. That's just got to rank in the top 5 of toughest industry jobs, yes? :)

Crewing an IA machine and having to return to base and sit and wait while all around you are flying their Butt's off!!

Or flying support and having to sit in a swamp somewhere with your bucket attached doing nothing for hours and hours and hours..............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzz

Merry Christmas All

65knt crosswind deck landings at night in bad vis and sea state 5 on the North Sea in the winter

Merry Xmas.

Which brings to mind the old joke.

The three finest things in life for a pilot are a good landing, a good bowl movement, and a good orgasm. All three can be attained simultaneously under the above quoted condition. :lol:

Anytime im on man-up in some bug infested abandoned airstrip or field in northern alberta for days on end, i find myself being very miserable doing a job i really love. id classify that as being a hard part of the job. (think staying at haig base east of manning...daybasing at keg river airstrip with a crew of type II's for days an days).

an ya....sittin at base on a RAP machine doing IA while everyone else is in an out for fuel all day on there way to an 8hr day is not to much fun either.

but its funny how one amazing day of flying, an all those "hard" days, suddenly become worth it in the end.

S.

Anytime im on man-up in some bug infested abandoned airstrip or field in northern alberta for days on end, i find myself being very miserable doing a job i really love. id classify that as being a hard part of the job. (think staying at haig base east of manning...daybasing at keg river airstrip with a crew of type II's for days an days).

an ya....sittin at base on a RAP machine doing IA while everyone else is in an out for fuel all day on there way to an 8hr day is not to much fun either.

but its funny how one amazing day of flying, an all those "hard" days, suddenly become worth it in the end.

S.

And don't forget your poor Engineer who had to change your diapers and wipe your tears at Manning. :P:P

Thanks again "S" for the good couple of tours last summer. :up: :up:

Have a good Christmas "S"

Your worst nightmare

Splitpin

P.S.--Heard you moved on. True??