Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

New Video Of The R66

Mark_

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest plumber
Ugly or not it'll probably sell like hotcakes.

If it is anything like the 44 (performance wise/cost per hour) you might just see alot of 206's and 120's up for sale.

If you can't afford the $1000 hooker the $100 ugly one can get the same job done. :lol:

:lol: Dont think the MR mast is quite long enough. :lol: Or maybe its in hi def and everything looks stretchy. "hey babe want to come for a ride in the most retaerded looking helicopter of all time??. Frank you did it this time!! I guess it makes better sense thoug to locate the MGB at the top of the mast and just chain drive the thing! :lol:

HF

I'm not a fan of it.

The engine gauges looked to be on the lower pedestal. I bet thats great looking down by your lap every TO. Must be a real gem to longline out of.

Looks like Frank took another tip from Hughes and mounted the engine on an angle. Why not, worked great in the 500, never leaked oil and was great to work on/DI. :wacko:

Holy cr_p, what is wrong with you guys. It’s appears to have the potential to be a very capable turbine helicopter with competitive operating costs. Might actually help to keep a few more of you in a pilot seat in the future. Get a grip. :rolleyes:

I agree, and I only hope to be able to afford one in the future... or to get a much cheaper 206 thanks to the R66!

BTW, was it the maiden flight of the RR300 too?