Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Long Line Training ?

RonnyRotor

How the **** can ya teach anybody to longline ?? I dunno. Seems to me ya just get out there and go slow.. When i learned there was no f... way someone was going to be on board to teach me anything except how to crash...The schools that tell you they will teach ya are just stealing ur money. dam

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, dual controls and a pilot who can teach well should do the trick...

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. get out there and do it. its the only way.. By the time the so called long line instructor tells ya "Dont do that" Its toooo late.. already done and the lesson is already learned. gimme a break

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. get out there and do it. its the only way.. By the time the so called long line instructor tells ya "Dont do that" Its toooo late.. already done and the lesson is already learned. gimme a break

I guess its the same with autos and emergency training, IFR training, mountain training, confined area training and so on.

Yes, getting out there and doing it is the only way to become proficient but doing so without an experienced someone to start you on the right path IE: bad habits and big no no's, is an accident waiting to happen.

The US army used to have the same attitude in its early rotary days...just get out there and do it..and it worked...for those who lived through it.

There is NO substitute for training, training, and more training. (with an experienced and qualified teacher)

Will a couple hours of long line training make you a long line pilot? No

Will a couple hours WITH an experienced pilot increase your chances of getting through the learning curve unscathed...absolutely and it is just silly to suggest otherwise.