Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Forestry / Fire Contracts In Canada

Nope!!! I retired at the end of '08. 50 years is enough. Enjoying life to the fullest. No more B.S. No more filthy camps. No more lying ops. managers. Playing around with a fellow retired A.M.E repairing boats. Better coin than effing helicopters!! Life is good!! :up: :up:

Need a hand?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splitpin- I hear you. You should try and convince high school students to start a life as a heli engineer. The last thing you want to talk to them about are the wages. Hard to justify working on a 4 million dollar helicopter with 14 lives at stake and make what we do. :lol: I think we do it for the chicks. :D:P

I heard a rumor that Bruce was looking for two Herman Nelson heaters recently. Who knows what he's got up his sleeve?

:shock: All heating to building to be via Herman Nelson during winter months apparently his lordship got a huge discount on some old moldy jet fuel and heating the hanger with a few herms works out to some cost savings over the winter! All reading material from washroom facilities to be burned in used (but still serviceable) T53 can to heat engineering department coffee for break that shall not exceed 15 minutes.

Just another unconfirmed rumor. :huh:

Anyone read the CBC webpage lately?

Some interesting news breaking regarding firefighting contractors

its unfortunate because I'am sure it was only a couple of bad apples :(

if it's true i'd say forestry was right to do what they did

Got a link?